On Christmas morning we bow before the cradle. When we do so, we set our eyes on Jesus. May we always remember to look to Him in all things and to seek Him in every situation.
Let us also remember the “great cloud of witnesses” who have gone before us, to the cradle, to the cross and then into the presence of Jesus. They leave a legacy of faith and a vision of hope that encourages us until we join them in glory.
Hebrews 12:1-2 …since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Please take a minute to join us in praying a very special Christmas morning prayer. The beautiful words were written by a long-departed witness for Christ. His words live on as a testimony of gratefulness, joy, and hope found in Jesus… at Christmas and all year ‘round.
A Christmas Morning Prayer
Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894)¹
O God, our loving Father, help us
Rightly to remember the birth of Jesus,
That we may share in the song of the
Angels, the gladness of the shepherds
And the worship of the wise men.
Close the door of hate and open the
Door of love all over the world.
Deliver us from evil by the blessing
That Christ brings, and teach us
To be merry with clear hearts.
May the Christmas morning make us happy
To be thy children, and the Christmas
Evening bring us to our beds
With grateful thoughts, forgiving and
Forgiven, for Jesus’ sake.
¹Robert Louis Balfour Stevenson (13 November 1850 – 3 December 1894) was a Scottish novelist, poet, essayist, and travel writer. His most famous works are Treasure Island, Kidnapped, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and A Child's Garden of Verses. A literary celebrity during his lifetime, Stevenson now ranks among the 26 most translated authors in the world.
Will You Find Rest This Advent Season?
Advent Candle 1 – HOPE: Prophecy Gives Hope
Advent Candle 2 – LOVE: Promise Reveals Love
Advent Candle 3 – JOY: Jesus Is Our Joy
Advent Candle 4 – PEACE: Pause to Find Peace
Christmas-themed GOT QUESTIONS?
- Does “Xmas” Cross Jesus Out of Christmas?
- The Most Important Lesson for YOU in the Nativity Story?
- Misconceptions about the Journey to Bethlehem
- How did the Wise Men know to follow His star?
- What is the significance of the Three Kings' gifts?
- Who were the Three Wise Men? Fact or legend?
- Was Jesus born in a stable, a cave or a house?
- Was Mary a Levite, making Jesus both King and Priest?
- Was Jesus born in September (not December?)
- Should we celebrate Jesus’ birthday in September?
- How did Jesus become a man?
- A Boastful Christmas Letter
- Peace Delivers Hope
- Promise Ignites Hope
- Preparation Produces Hope
- Prophesy Reveals Hope
- Alone at Christmas? Feeling lonely?
- Another reason God came to dwell with man.
- How can you have a white Christmas without snow?
- Christmas, abortion and Joseph, the forgotten man of Christmas
- Remember the Wonder of Christmas
- Will you find rest, peace and joy this advent season?
- A Christmas Morning Prayer by Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894)
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (Take a fun vision test.)
- Should We Only Pray to the Father as Jesus Taught? Or Is It Okay to Pray to Jesus and the Spirit?
- National Day of Prayer
- Why is Prayer Important?
- Effectual Praying
- PAUSE TO PRAY
- And Hezekiah Prayed
- Is Not Voting a Sin? And, how is voting like praying?
- Praying Like The Master
- Pause to Pray for Children
- My Prayer? That You Would Know . . . .
- A Christmas Morning Prayer
- Why didn’t God answer my prayers and heal my loved one?
- What are the various types of prayer? How should I pray?
- Why does the Catholic church pray to “saints,” if Jesus is the only one who can answer prayers?
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store