God’s Word says in 2 Cor 5:17, “Therefore IF anyone is in Christ, he IS a NEW creation, old things have passed away, behold all things have become NEW.” This means that Christians will undergo a complete transformation…they will be CHANGED! This transformation is a miraculous work of God done on the inside, which then begins to reveal a study changing of behavior on the outside… “old things have passed away, behold all things have become new.” Has Jesus changed your life? Are you really a NEW CREATION in Christ?
Consider the changes the apostle John wrote about, saying they are clear indications of true salvation. Ask yourself if most of these things are a present reality in your life.
Ten Changes in the Lives of True Christians
- Sorrow over sin and a desire for daily confession and cleansing. (1 John 1:5-10)
- Desire to walk in obedience to God’s word. (1 John 2:3-6)
- Genuine, brotherly love for other Christians. (1 John 2:8-11)
- Greater love for God than for worldly pleasures. (1 John 2:15-17)
- Sensitivity to the indwelling Holy Spirit. (1 John 2:24-27, 3:19-22)
- Growing ability to discern truth from error. (1 John 4:1-6)
- Growing ability to have victory over sin. (1 John 2:12-14, 5:1-5)
- Settled assurance of one’s own salvation. (1 John 3:19-21, 5:11-13)
- Growing confidence in the power of prayer. (1 John 5:14-15)
- Full conviction that Jesus is the only way of salvation. (1 John 5:20)
How did you do?
Has the Lord Jesus Christ already changed your life? If not, don’t despair. You can become a new creation in Christ right now. Jesus Christ will save your soul and transform you into a trophy of His grace IF you will sincerely follow these steps in God’s simple plan of salvation. It’s simple as A-B-C.
A = Acknowledge
Agree with God that what He says is absolutely true. Acknowledge that you are a sinner (Ro 3:10-12, 23), your sins are worthy of eternal death (Ro 6:23), and you cannot save yourself by good works (Eph 2:8-9).
B = Believe
Be totally, personally, and actively convinced of God’s truth. Believe that Jesus is Lord, the Son of God and God the Son (Ro 10:9). He paid the full penalty of all our sins by His death on the cross (R0 5:8, John 1:29, Isa 53:6); He rose literally and victoriously from the dead (Ro 10:9); He is ready, willing, and able to save you NOW (Mat 11:28-30, John 6:37, 5:24, Heb 7:25, Rev 3:10)
C = Confess
Tell God in earnest prayer that you believe Him and want to be saved
Now…Call Upon the Lord
If you acknowledge who you are, believe who Jesus is and what He has done, and confess faith in the God of the Christian Bible, then call upon Jesus to save you. You can pray words similar to this:
Dear God, I confess that I am a guilty sinner and that I deserve to go to Hell forever. But I know you love me and sent your only Son, Jesus, to die for my sins. I believe His blood paid for my sins, and that He rose from the dead. Please Lord Jesus, forgive me of my sins and save my soul. Please give me the gift of eternal life. I accept it by faith. Make me a new person and help me to live the rest of my life for you. Thank you for loving me and saving me. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
If You Sincerely Prayed That Prayer…
God’s Word says you are saved!
Acts 2:21 …whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Now you may or may not feel differently, but genuine salvation always results in a genuine and growing transformation. Christ always changes every life he enters!
2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things have become new.
If you prayed the prayer, please email us. We would like to send you some information that will help you grow in your faith.
More Verses for Your Consideration
The book of Acts tells us about the early church and offers great instruction on how all Christians are to live and serve the Lord.
- Willingly be baptized and join a good, Bible-teaching church. (Acts 2:41)
- Hunger for regular Bible study in Christian fellowship. (Acts 2:42)
- Grow in prayer (Acts 2:42)
- Sacrificially give and compassionately share with others in need. (Acts 2:44-45)
- Faithfully attend church service. (Acts 2:46)
- Have a thankful spirit. (Acts 2:46-47)
- Desire to win others to Christ. (Acts 2:47, 5:14)
- Share the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ with all people. (Acts 1:8)
Visit our homepage now for resources to grow your faith.