There are a lot of churches in every city. Finding a good church can be a daunting task.
There are denominational, non-denominational, fellowship gatherings, and many other forms of church organizations. So, how does one know which is a good church home? How does one access a church’s faithfulness in doctrine, quality of teaching, and the culture and mission of a church? It often takes quite a bit of time to “get to know” a church, ie. its leadership and members. Therefore, we suggest the best way to qualify a church is to judge it using God’s word.
Does the church believe and teach the following core beliefs of Christianity?
- The Bible is true, inerrant, and good for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness.
- God created the heavens and earth and all that is in them.
- God created man in His image.
- All was perfect until man sinned.
- God, in His amazing love and abundant mercy, promised to send a redeemer to save mankind.
- That redeemer is Jesus and He is God.
- Jesus came to earth, born of a virgin, incarnate in the flesh, to redeem man.
- He died to pay for man’s sins, was buried, and rose again. In doing so, He opened the way for mankind to come to God and have eternal life with Him
- Jesus forgives and saves repentant sinners by grace through faith, not of works (Eph 2:8-9)
- The Church is the body of Christ, therefore, Jesus is the Head of the Body, ie. the Church.
- The mission of all biblical churches is to grow in knowledge and love of God through His Word, and to demonstrate our love for God by loving and serving others.
- Jesus will return and He will make all things new.
The closer a church adheres to the individual core teachings found in God’s Word, and functions consistent with all of God’s Word, the more a church honors God. Again, finding a good church is not always easy….but it is worth it. Look for a Bible-believing, Bible-teaching church, that loves God, loves others, and desires to serve and honor God. Read more about core beliefs: What is IVDARR?
A Starting Place
Below are some directories of churches that might help in finding a church near you. These denominations/associations are known to be biblically faithful, but understand that every church has its own unique identity, beliefs, and practices. This list is simply a way to begin your search. Also, ask other Christians about churches in your area. And always, pray that God directs your search and opens your eyes to see, your ears to hear, and your mind to discern, at which church He would like you to find a home.
- Calvary Chapel Church Locator
- The Gospel Coalition Church Directory
- Southern Baptist Churches Directory
- American Baptist Churches
- Presbyterian Church in America Church Directory
- Acts 29 Churches
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas