“I cry out with my whole heart; Hear me, O LORD! I will keep Your statutes…. Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing causes them to stumble…. I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies, for all my ways are before You…. I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Your servant, for I do not forget Your commandments.” Psalm 119:145, 165, 168, 176
The Word of God should be ever connected with prayer.
Why is it that many hear and read the Word — without being the better? They do not pray in faith for a blessing.
We must, like David, pray with the utmost fervor, that we may understand and retain the Word of God, and bring forth fruit. For a Christian has nothing so much at heart, as that he may always act up to the Word and will of God. His prayer is, “Lord, let my footsteps be sure, according to Your Word; and let nothing contrary to Your law have dominion over me.” If this prayer be granted, great will be our peace, for the Word of God is a word of peace. Jesus Himself will be our peace, and then nothing will harm us — we shall take heed unto all our ways before God; and so walk before Him as to continue humble, like David, who considered himself as a straying and lost sheep.
Lord, we are, by nature, straying and lost sheep; seek and fetch us back from the error of our ways — and preserve us in Your pasture. O bring us to the feet of Jesus, and then keep us there!
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.