January 20, 2017
Prayer is Important
Prayer changes things because the God to whom we pray is all-powerful and all-loving. Ask God to change the hearts of all Americans. Ask God to turn their eyes and to direct their desires to His will. Ask God to change our nation by changing our people. We implore you to pray daily for our leaders and for the people of our country.
We counted down the weeks, from July 4th, 2016 until election day on November 8, 2016, with inspiring videos of prayer and faith. Watch some the videos and find out…
Which Presidents Prayed and Professed Faith in God?
Presidents throughout our nation’s history have prayed to God and invoked His name and His will to direct them and to bless our country.
Watch as Presidents proclaim their faith, and evangelists speak about true hope. Then pray for God’s mercy and grace upon our country and that He be the One who leads and directs our country’s elected officials.
Christian evangelist, apologist, author and speaker, Alex McFarland prays for our nation. Alex is also the co-host of a daily radio program, Exploring the Word, on American Family Radio. Pray with us now for our country.
“Almighty God. As we stand here at this moment, my future associates in the executive branch of government join me in beseeching that thou will make full and complete our dedication to the service of the people…” — President Dwight Eisenhower, 34th President, 2nd Inaugural Address 1957
The 200th anniversary of the Presidency was observed as George H.W. Bush took the executive oath on the same Bible George Washington used in 1789. “…my first act as President is a prayer. I ask you to bow your heads: Heavenly Father, we bow our heads and thank You for Your love…” — President George H.W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States, Inaugural Address January 20, 1989
Likewise, before the Democratic Convention, Franklin Graham called upon the people of our nation to pray. Join with him in praying for our nation and its leaders. Prayer is important and prayer changes things. For information about a prayer rally near you, visit Decision America Tour 2016.
“The peoples of the earth face the future with grave uncertainty, composed almost equally of great hopes and great fears.” — President Harry S. Truman, 33rd President of the United States, Inaugural Address 1949.
“…with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God’s work must truly be our own.” — President John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States, Inaugural Address 1961
“From the day of our Founding, we have proclaimed that every man and woman on this earth has rights, and dignity, and matchless value, because they bear the image of the Maker of Heaven and earth…. History has an ebb and flow of justice, but history also has a visible direction, set by liberty and the Author of Liberty…”—Pres George W. Bush, 41st Pres of the United States, Inaugural Address, Jan 20, 2005
Before the Republican Convention, Franklin Graham called upon the people of our nation to pray. Join with him in praying for our nation and its leaders. Franklin Graham has been holding prayer rallies nationwide this year. He will continue to do so until the election. For information about one near you, visit Decision America Tour 2016.
Our Nation is in TROUBLE!
No hope in the Democrats!
No hope in the Republicans!
← Hear this short lesson from the book of Nehemiah, shared by Franklin Graham at the Decision America Tours 2016.
Where is our hope?
Will Our Nation Continue to be Blessed?
We Need God More Than He Needs Us
Our country was founded by men and women who believed in God and His Word. “Where did we begin to lose sight of that noble beginning?”
7,900 people! 293 prayed to receive Jesus!!!
In Almighty God!
Pray to the God of Hope
All the Answers to All the Problems
Why do we make it so difficult? Listen to this former President, who spoke of the simplicity and importance of truth.
Decision America 2016, Columbus OH
On 10/06, my husband, a friend, and I (Shari Abbott, Reasons for Hope* Jesus) drove to Columbus for Decision America 2016. It was an amazing experience to join with thousands of Christians, and Franklin Graham, to pray for God’s mercy for our country and His provision for our future. Pause to Pray for our nation, its leaders, and all Americans. AND…Get out and VOTE on 11/08/2016.
Pray with Dependence &
Pray with Confidence
We desperately need God. He is our only true hope! Take time to pray asking for His guidance as you consider casting your vote. Remember, it is God who raises up leaders and deposes them (Daniel 2:21). Seek His will and trust that our future is in His hands.
We Will Never Abandon Our Belief in God
Which president said, “We Will Never Abandon Our Belief in God?” (This video captures his words) We know there is sin and evil in the world. We know that we are to stand fast on the truth of God. When hate groups rise up, we must denounce them following a pure and simple command Jesus gave us.
Read the words of President Calvin Coolidge, the 30th President of the United States. At his inauguration, he spoke of the importance of remembering the faith and values of our country’s founding fathers. At the 150th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence, he spoke boldly of the fate of America, if we abandon the principles upon which our country was founded and forget the words of faith in the Declaration of Independence. Read now the words of this President and be inspired.
Billy Graham: If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
The Scriptures are our source of wisdom. May they also be our guide in all things. Listen as Billy Graham prayed at a past presidential inauguration.
You Can Make a Difference
We invite you to Pause to Pray with us. Thank God for the mercy and grace He has bestowed upon our country and its people. Be diligent in sharing the gospel of saving grace with all who do not know Jesus. And be an encourager to your brothers and sisters in Christ. We live in difficult times, but we know that with God all things are possible…even changing the direction of our country.
Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving. (Colossians 4:2)
Memorial Day, 4th of July, Patriotic Articles & Videos
- Watch 24 Reasons Why I Love America, by John Wayne (a must see, moving video)
- Dependent Independence (video)
- We Will Remember (video)
- Pause to Pray (video)
- President Ronald Reagan Sharing A WWI Soldier’s Pledge (video)
- Biblical Faith During WWII
- Memories in the Cloud
- A Day to Remember (video)
- Words from the White House about our Christian Nation
- What Would Billy Graham Say…about the Election?
- Watch as Former Presidents Pray and Proclaim Faith in God and His Word (video)
- Is Not Voting a Sin? How is Voting Like Praying?
- Measured By Our Words: The Wisdom of Calvin Coolidge
- Is America a Christian Nation?
- National Day of Prayer
- At the Gate of the Year: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- Two Minute Tribute to Those Who Gave Their All -- by Pres. Ronald Reagan (video)
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace (video)
- Forget Not…Three Remembrances on Memorial Day
- The Land of the Free (video)
- Thank You, God, for Freedom (video)
- The White House: Shrouded in Color or Covered in God’s Word?
- Amazing Grace Bagpipes -video (A real tear-jerker)
- Their Legacy of Freedom Lives On - video
- No Greater Love: In Memory of Our Fallen Heroes -video
- A Prayer to Pray on Independence Day (video)
- Should We Not Repeat Prayers Because of Vain Repetitions? (Matt 6:7)
- Do You Say or Pray The Lord’s Prayer? by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
- Can You Pray St Patrick’s Prayer?
- Hear My Prayer, O Lord – 12 Supplications
- A Prayer for Peace in a Troubled World
- A Little Girl’s Prayer for Her Daddy
- The LORD Receives My Prayer
- A Heart for God Revealed in St. Patrick’s Prayer (video)
- Prayers from Billy Graham
- Incessant Prayer (Communion with God)
- The Word and Prayer Together
- My Prayer? That You Would Know . . . .
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (Take a fun vision test.)
- Should We Only Pray to the Father as Jesus Taught? Or Is It Okay to Pray to Jesus and the Spirit?
- National Day of Prayer
- Why is Prayer Important?
- Effectual Praying
- PAUSE TO PRAY
- And Hezekiah Prayed
- Is Not Voting a Sin? And, how is voting like praying?
- Praying Like The Master
- Pause to Pray for Children
- My Prayer? That You Would Know . . . .
- A Christmas Morning Prayer
- Why didn’t God answer my prayers and heal my loved one?
- What are the various types of prayer? How should I pray?
- Why does the Catholic church pray to “saints,” if Jesus is the only one who can answer prayers?
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store