On January 20, 1981, in his inaugural address, President Ronald Reagan gave a message of American strength and spirit, concluding with the written words of a fallen war hero. Reagan’s moving speech introduced a young and obscure American private, Martin A. Treptow, who had been killed in France more than six decades earlier during our country’s first World War.
In 1917, Private Treptow enlisted in the Iowa National Guard, which became the 168th Infantry Regiment, 84th Brigade, in the 42d ”Rainbow” Division when it was called to Federal service. He was killed on July 29, 1918, and it was from his diary that President Reagan read his pledge of service to defend his country.
Watch as President Reagan immortalized the courage and commitment of one young man, a man who fought so we can be free.
John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”
Memorial Day, 4th of July, Patriotic Articles & Videos
- Watch 24 Reasons Why I Love America, by John Wayne (a must see, moving video)
- Dependent Independence (video)
- We Will Remember (video)
- Pause to Pray (video)
- President Ronald Reagan Sharing A WWI Soldier’s Pledge (video)
- Biblical Faith During WWII
- Memories in the Cloud
- A Day to Remember (video)
- Words from the White House about our Christian Nation
- What Would Billy Graham Say…about the Election?
- Watch as Former Presidents Pray and Proclaim Faith in God and His Word (video)
- Is Not Voting a Sin? How is Voting Like Praying?
- Measured By Our Words: The Wisdom of Calvin Coolidge
- Is America a Christian Nation?
- National Day of Prayer
- At the Gate of the Year: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- Two Minute Tribute to Those Who Gave Their All -- by Pres. Ronald Reagan (video)
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace (video)
- Forget Not…Three Remembrances on Memorial Day
- The Land of the Free
- Thank You, God, for Freedom
- The White House: Shrouded in Color or Covered in God’s Word?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
Can JEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge