On January 20, 1981, in his inaugural address, President Ronald Reagan gave a message of American strength and spirit, concluding with the written words of a fallen war hero. Reagan’s moving speech introduced a young and obscure American private, Martin A. Treptow, who had been killed in France more than six decades earlier during our country’s first World War.
In 1917, Private Treptow enlisted in the Iowa National Guard, which became the 168th Infantry Regiment, 84th Brigade, in the 42d ”Rainbow” Division when it was called to Federal service. He was killed on July 29, 1918, and it was from his diary that President Reagan read his pledge of service to defend his country.
Watch as President Reagan immortalized the courage and commitment of one young man, a man who fought so we can be free.
John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”
Memorial Day, 4th of July, Patriotic Articles & Videos
- Watch 24 Reasons Why I Love America, by John Wayne (a must see, moving video)
- Dependent Independence (video)
- We Will Remember (video)
- Pause to Pray (video)
- President Ronald Reagan Sharing A WWI Soldier’s Pledge (video)
- Biblical Faith During WWII
- Memories in the Cloud
- A Day to Remember (video)
- Words from the White House about our Christian Nation
- What Would Billy Graham Say…about the Election?
- Watch as Former Presidents Pray and Proclaim Faith in God and His Word (video)
- Is Not Voting a Sin? How is Voting Like Praying?
- Measured By Our Words: The Wisdom of Calvin Coolidge
- Is America a Christian Nation?
- National Day of Prayer
- At the Gate of the Year: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- Two Minute Tribute to Those Who Gave Their All -- by Pres. Ronald Reagan (video)
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace (video)
- Forget Not…Three Remembrances on Memorial Day
- The Land of the Free
- Thank You, God, for Freedom
- The White House: Shrouded in Color or Covered in God’s Word?
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.