[Watch Video Below]
May 4, 2017 ~ National Day of Prayer
Prayer IS important (Read: Why is Prayer Important?).
Prayer is so important that we set apart a day for Christians, from the east coast to the west coast, from the north to the south, to unite in prayer for our country and its people. Our country was built on the rock-solid foundation of God’s Son and His Word. We must stand firm in our faith and boldly speak of our Lord and Saviour….and we must PRAY!
Let’s all be in prayer petitioning God for mercy and grace for our nation, its leaders, and its people. Our future hangs in the balance.
Dan 9:19 O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name.
NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER, 2017
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
We come together on our National Day of Prayer as one Nation, under God, to show gratitude for our many blessings, to give thanks for His providence, and to ask for His continued wisdom, strength, and protection as we chart a course for the future. We are united in prayer, each according to our own faith and tradition, and we believe that in America, people of all faiths, creeds, and religions must be free to exercise their natural right to worship according to their consciences.
We are also reminded and reaffirm that all human beings have the right, not only to pray and worship according to their consciences, but to practice their faith in their homes, schools, charities, and businesses, in private and in the public square, free from government coercion, discrimination, or persecution. Religion is not merely an intellectual exercise, but also a practical one that demands action in the world. Even the many prisoners around the world who are persecuted for their faith can pray privately in their cells. But our Constitution demands more: the freedom to practice one’s faith publicly.
The religious liberty guaranteed by the Constitution is not a favor from the government, but a natural right bestowed by God. Our Constitution and our laws that protect religious freedom merely recognize the right that all people have by virtue of their humanity. As Thomas Jefferson wisely questioned: “can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?”
In 1789, President George Washington proclaimed a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, calling upon Americans to “unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations.” In 1988, the Congress, by Public Law 100-307, called on the President to issue each year a proclamation designating the first Thursday in May as a “National Day of Prayer.” On this National Day of Prayer, the right to pray freely and live according to one’s faith is under threat around the world from coercive governments and terrorist organizations. We, therefore, pray especially for the many people around the world who are persecuted for their beliefs and deprived of their fundamental liberty to live according to their conscience. We pray for the triumph of freedom over oppression, and for God’s love and mercy over evil.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 4, 2017, as a National Day of Prayer. I invite the citizens of our Nation to pray, in accordance with their own faiths and consciences, in thanksgiving for the freedoms and blessings we have received, and for God’s guidance and continued protection as we meet the challenges before us.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fourth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.
DONALD J. TRUMP 
Let every thing that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD! Psalm 150:6
More Articles About Prayer
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (Take a fun vision test.)
- Should We Only Pray to the Father as Jesus Taught? Or Is It Okay to Pray to Jesus and the Spirit?
- National Day of Prayer
- Why is Prayer Important?
- Effectual Praying
- PAUSE TO PRAY
- And Hezekiah Prayed
- Is Not Voting a Sin? And, how is voting like praying?
- Praying Like The Master
- Pause to Pray for Children
- My Prayer? That You Would Know . . . .
- A Christmas Morning Prayer
- Why didn’t God answer my prayers and heal my loved one?
- What are the various types of prayer? How should I pray?
- Why does the Catholic church pray to “saints,” if Jesus is the only one who can answer prayers?
Memorial Day, 4th of July, Patriotic Articles & Videos
- The Land of the Free
- Dependent Independence
- We Will Remember
- Pause to Pray
- President Ronald Reagan Sharing A WWI Soldier’s Pledge
- Biblical Faith During WWII
- Forget Not…Three Remembrances on Memorial Day
- Memories in the Cloud
- A Day to Remember
- Words from the White House about our Christian Nation
- What Would Billy Graham Say…about the Election?
- Presidents & Evangelists Pray for Our Nation
- Is Not Voting a Sin? How is Voting Like Praying?
- Measured By Our Words: The Wisdom of Calvin Coolidge
- 24 Reasons “Why I Love America,” by John Wayne
- Is America a Christian Nation?
- National Day of Prayer
- At the Gate of the Year: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
- Is it a sin to be FAT?
- To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Can JEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
- What is MAUNDY THURSDAY about?
- What is the UNPARDONABLE sin? What if I commit it?
- Will Impure Thoughts Condemn Me? How do I fight them?
- Who were the Nephalim?
- To Tat or Not to Tat (Tattoo). Is that the Question?
- Is there a HIDEN MESSAGE in Genesis 5?
- Did Pilate Proclaim Jesus to be God?
- Does God create EVIL as Isaiah 45:7 says?
- Are we the Bride of Christ now or is that future?
- Is there an ERROR in Genesis 2:17 because Adam and Eve didn't die?
- Are the Jews of today still the CHOSEN people of God?
- Is there a HIDDEN MESSAGE in Revelation 7?
- How should I WITNESS to Jehovah's Witnesses?
The Top Ten of 2016
- Is the US GOVERNMENT in the Book of Isaiah?
- Pause to PRAY
- Jesus WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- At the GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- Following the GOOD, GREAT, CHIEF, SHEPHERD
- Surely This was a RIGHTEOUS MAN
- But, IF NOT
- Seven Things Christians Must REMEMBER
- Are You GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- The Totem of SALVATION
Share your faith...