We know that our God is a Triune God — One God in essence and three Persons in works. So while the Godhead is three distant persons, and their works might be thought of as individual works, there remains a unity, a harmony of purpose, plan, and execution of their works in creation and redemption.
The triune nature of the Godhead is difficult to explain because it is difficult for our finite minds to understand an infinite being. (Read What is the Triunity of Creation?) However, we are blessed to have been given much information, in God’s Word, that helps us in understanding.
For a better understanding of the Triune Godhead, we can study the attributes of the Father, Son, and Spirit. We can also learn about the works that each Person of the Godhead performed individually. And yet, we know there is only one God (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8; 45:5), so we must understand that the three Persons of the Godhead work both individually and in perfect unity. There’s beautiful scriptural support for this.
Let’s answer some questions to see the harmony of Fathers, Son, and Spirit in their creative and redemptive works.
Who created the universe?
The Father — Psalm 102:25
The Son — Colossians 1:16, John 1:1-3
The Spirit — Genesis 1:2 Job 26:13
Who created man?
The Father — Genesis 2:7
The Son — Colossians 1:16
The Spirit — Job 33:4
Who brought about the incarnation?
The Father — Hebrews 10:5
The Son — Philippians 2:7
The Spirit — Luke 1:35
Who brought about the crucifixion?
The Father — Psalm 22, Romans 8:32, John 3:16
The Son — John 10:18, Galatians 2:20
The Spirit — Hebrews 9:14
Who brought about the atonement?
The Father — Isaiah 53
The Son — Ephesians 5
The Spirit — Hebrews 9:14
Who brought about the resurrection?
The Father — Acts 2:23, Romans 6:4
The Son — John 10:17-18, John 2:19
The Spirit — 1 Peter 3:18, Romans 8:11
Who draws repentant sinners to salvation?
The Father draws — John 6:44
The Son draws — John 12:32
The Spirit draws — John 16:8
Who brings about the regeneration of repentant sinners?
The Father — John 5:21, 1 Pet 1:3
The Son — John 5:21, John 10:28
The Spirit — Romans 8:1-2, Gal 5:25
Who brought about the inspiration for the writing of the Bible?
The Father — 2 Timothy 3:16
The Son — John 1:1
The Spirit — 2 Peter 1:21
For there are three that bear record in heaven,
the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost:
and these three are one. (1 John 5:7)
Understanding the Trinity -- Our Triune God
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas