Last week we addressed how we can better understand the doctrine of the Trinity by finding the Scripture verses and passages that reveals God as Three-in-One. While the word “trinity” is not found in the Bible, there are revelations about our Triune God from Genesis to Revelation. Another way to understand God as Triune is to see His pattern of triunity in creation. Triunity (the quality or state of being triune or three in union) is very evident in our world and in our lives. As Christians, we can see this triunity as a reflection of God’s being and as His “signature” as Creator. Consider now the triunity of creation. We invite and welcome additions to this list.
The Triunity of Creation
- Time: past, present, and future
- Qualities: good, better, and best
- Temptations of Eve: The tree was good for food, pleasant to the eyes, desirable to make one wise.
- Temptations: the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, pride of life
- Great enemies: the World, the flesh, and the devil
- Matter consists of the mineral, vegetable, and animal kingdom.
- Patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
- Land (in relation to God’s deliverance of Israel): out of Egypt, through the wilderness, into the Promised Land
- Instruction: The Law, the prophets, and the psalms (Luke 24:44)
- Divisions in the tabernacle and the temple: Outer Court, Holy Place, and Most Holy Place
- Three veils in the tabernacle: the outer veil to inner court, the inner veil to the Holy Place, the innermost veil to the Holy of Holies
- Kings of the united kingdom: Saul, David, and Solomon
- Faithful ones persecuted: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
- Intimate friends: Peter, James, and John (witnesses to the transfiguration)
- Completeness of divine judgment: Numbered, weighed, and divided
- Creation of Man: Body, soul, and spirit (Read: What is the Spirit of Man?)
- Abilities of man: thought, word, and deed
- The fullness of man: Spirit = Essences (I am); Soul = Consciousness (I see and I know); Body = Appearance (I am seen) 1 Thessalonians 5:23
- Three-fold growth in the good ground–produces some 30 fold growth, some 60, some 100 (Mark 4:8)
- Noah’s ark of salvation was three stories high and 300 hundred cubits long.
- Feasts of the Lord: Feast of Passover, Feast of Weeks (Shavuot), and Feast of Tabernacles
The Triunity of God and His Revelation
- The Divine Being: Which was, and which is, and which is to come
- The fullness of the Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Witnesses: the Spirit, the water, and the blood (1 John 5:8)
- Acts of God in redemption: Loved, cleansed, and crowned
- Three-part salvation: Justification, sanctification, glorification
- Life in Christ: Positional, practical, and spiritual
- Christ’s offices: Prophet, Priest, and King
- Gifts of grace: faith, hope, and love
For a better understanding of the Triune Godhead study the attributes of the Father, Son, and Spirit and learn about their works (Read: How Can I Understand the Trinity?). There is only one God in existence at all times (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8; 45:5) and yet the three Persons of the Godhead work individually and also together in perfect unity. To better understand this read: What are the Individual Works of the Father, Son, and Spirit in Creation and Redemption?
I would like to suggest three more “three’s” that will shed a greater LIGHT on our Triune God:
1) On the third day of creation, God raised the earth up from the depths of the water into the light of day–certainly a picture of resurrected life rising from the depths of sin into the light of forgiveness — and we know Jesus is the Sun of Righteousness (Malachi 4:2). The third day of creation is also a whisper of Jesus who was bodily raised up from the depths of the grave on the third day, and how he prophetically declared that his corporate body will also be raised up on the third day (Hosea 6:2).
2) Jesus told a parable about leaven being hidden in three measures of meal (this was a Hebrew fellowship meal)…the communion of believers we know as His Body, the Church, is represented in that meal of three measures. The leaven is a reminder that sin remains in every believer and yet we are His Body–His mouth, His hands and His feet with a three-fold mission to speak of His mercy and grace, give of His compassion and care and go forth in His love and reflecting His light.
3) Peter, James, and John were the three witnesses to Jesus’ transfiguration. Peter represented faith, James represented hope and John represented love. These are the three gifts that we are to abide in, until the mirror is no longer dim, until we see Him face to face (1 Corinthians 13:12), for He is the Light of the World.
In thinking about the Light of Christ, let’s also consider the triunity of light.
The properties of sunlight are actinic, luminiferous, and calorific. Together they provide a perfect illustration to call to remembrance our glorious God.
1) Actinic is neither seen nor felt: God the Father (John 1:18, 1 John 4:12)
2) Luminiferous is both seen and felt: God the Son: ( Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God)
3) Calorific is never seen but felt (heat): God the Holy Spirit. (John 14:7, Colossians 1:27)
Sunlight also contains three types of ultraviolet rays: UVA, UVB, and UVC.
Triunity in Christian Living
With so much of creation being triune in nature and pattern, Reason for Hope* Jesus encourages a triune approach to growing in faith and living as biblical followers of Christ. It’s important that we know what we believe, live what we know, and share our faith with others.
Knowing what we believe requires reading the Bible to hear and understand God’s revealed will and ways. It’s important and necessary to know who Jesus is and what He, and the Father, and the Holy Spirit, have done since the beginning of time. It’s also important and necessary to know who we are as Christ followers and how we should live to honor Him. The word of God gives us all the true answers and reasoning we need to grow in our knowledge of the Lord and the understanding of life.
Living what we know is applying knowledge in everyday life. Living according to what God has commanded and instructed in His Word is God-honoring and beneficial for a healthy and whole life. Reflecting God’s good character, knowing we are His ambassadors to do His goodwill and that we are His hands and feet to go and do good works for our neighbor, is our gift of reasonable service to Jesus for what He has done for us.
Sharing our knowledge and faith is an active response to all Christ has done for us and given to us. It is an outpouring of His love to others by sharing His saving grace with family, friends, and acquaintances and by reflecting His love in service to others. We have been commissioned to go forth and tell people about Jesus, and when we know and live what we believe to be true, we bring honor and glory to His name.
The three-fold nature of so many things is a clear “signature” or “fingerprint” of our God in His creation and in His revelation of His purpose and plan. If you have some additional “three’s,” pleases send them to email@example.com.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED