It’s been 15 years since the horrific events of September 11, 2001. Today we ask that you take a moment to remember those who perished and those whose lives were forever changed. Reflect also on the condition of our country today…so much has happened, so much has changed.
Think back to 9/10/2001 and what our world was like the day before the events of 9/11 took place. Summer had just ended, schools were back in session and people were going about their normal, everyday schedules. We had certainly experienced terrorism in our cities before, but nothing to the extent of what happened on that Tuesday morning. That morning started just like most days, but at 8:46 am everything changed forever.
The events of that day brought our nation to a standstill. All were struck silent by the horrors and tragedy that ushered in a new vision of what our future would be. Over the past 15 years, we have seen changes that would have been unimaginable when we “stepped” into the new millennium. We now fight against the fear of terrorism, the oppression of freedoms and even a threat of tyranny.
September 11 should be a day of remembering. We are not to reflect in fear on that which took place 15 years ago. We are to remember that our hope is not in safety in our cities, or even freedoms that Americans hold dear. Our hope is also not found in understanding or making sense of events in our lives. Our hope is found in a Person, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Skeptics will ask, where was God on that horrendous day? The answer is quite simple. He was in the same place He has always been. In Heaven, looking down upon His creation and working in our lives according to His divine sovereignty—the same place He was when He sent His Son to the cross to die for the sins of mankind.
Pause to Remember & Watch a Tribute of Light
- On this anniversary of 9/11, take a minute to remember those whose lives were taken on that day of unprecedented terrorism.
- Also remember our brothers and sisters in Christ, around the world who are oppressed, and even being killed, for their firm confession of faith in Jesus.
- Remember those who risk their lives, every day, to protect us and preserve our freedoms, whether they be soldiers in service to their country or men and women in faithful service to their Lord.
- Remember our great God. He is the Sovereign Lord over all.
Now take a minute and watch this short, inspiring video of light and remember 9/11.
Light in the Darkness Is Hope
Even the world knows that light means life. Six months after the attacks, the Tribute of Light debuted to honor those who died, as well as the rescuers, and recovery and restoration workers. The Tribute an installation of 88 searchlights placed next to the site of the World Trade Center. The majestic blue twin beams reach to the heavens and can be seen 60-mile away on a clear night. They shine yearly from dusk on 9/11 through dawn the next day.
As we remember those who died with the beautiful Tribute of Light, turn your hearts and minds to the true and everlasting Light of the world. Jesus said,
John 8:12 . ..I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
Jesus also told that we, as Christians, are lights of the world. Because we are in Him, and we are members of His Body, we have His Light living in us by the power of the Holy Spirit. Let your light shine:
Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”
Pray in Remembrance and Pray in Hope
Father, on this day of remembrance we thank You that You are our God. You offer healing to the brokenhearted, comfort for those who mourn and courage for the fearful. May we remember that You are for us, You are with us, and You are in us; and in You alone we find our hope. Bless the families who mourn the loss of loved ones at the hands of evil and protect us, we pray, from the evil one. Use us to be lights to the world, witnesses to Your love and Your saving grace. We ask that You turn the hearts of the people of our nation to You, to change the condition of our country to reflect Your will and ways and to honor You. All this we ask in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.
Pray Also For Our Country and Its Leaders
Visit this page and watch short videos of former Presidents praying and confessing faith in God. Pray with evangelists and watch some short inspiring videos about the history and the future of our country. And PLEASE…Pray about it and then vote in the national election.
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD. Psalm 33:12
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.