It’s been 15 years since the horrific events of September 11, 2001. Today we ask that you take a moment to remember those who perished and those whose lives were forever changed. Reflect also on the condition of our country today…so much has happened, so much has changed.
Think back to 9/10/2001 and what our world was like the day before the events of 9/11 took place. Summer had just ended, schools were back in session and people were going about their normal, everyday schedules. We had certainly experienced terrorism in our cities before, but nothing to the extent of what happened on that Tuesday morning. That morning started just like most days, but at 8:46 am everything changed forever.
The events of that day brought our nation to a standstill. All were struck silent by the horrors and tragedy that ushered in a new vision of what our future would be. Over the past 15 years, we have seen changes that would have been unimaginable when we “stepped” into the new millennium. We now fight against the fear of terrorism, the oppression of freedoms and even a threat of tyranny.
September 11 should be a day of remembering. We are not to reflect in fear on that which took place 15 years ago. We are to remember that our hope is not in safety in our cities, or even freedoms that Americans hold dear. Our hope is also not found in understanding or making sense of events in our lives. Our hope is found in a Person, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Skeptics will ask, where was God on that horrendous day? The answer is quite simple. He was in the same place He has always been. In Heaven, looking down upon His creation and working in our lives according to His divine sovereignty—the same place He was when He sent His Son to the cross to die for the sins of mankind.
Pause to Remember & Watch a Tribute of Light
- On this anniversary of 9/11, take a minute to remember those whose lives were taken on that day of unprecedented terrorism.
- Also remember our brothers and sisters in Christ, around the world who are oppressed, and even being killed, for their firm confession of faith in Jesus.
- Remember those who risk their lives, every day, to protect us and preserve our freedoms, whether they be soldiers in service to their country or men and women in faithful service to their Lord.
- Remember our great God. He is the Sovereign Lord over all.
Now take a minute and watch this short, inspiring video of light and remember 9/11.
Light in the Darkness Is Hope
Even the world knows that light means life. Six months after the attacks, the Tribute of Light debuted to honor those who died, as well as the rescuers, and recovery and restoration workers. The Tribute an installation of 88 searchlights placed next to the site of the World Trade Center. The majestic blue twin beams reach to the heavens and can be seen 60-mile away on a clear night. They shine yearly from dusk on 9/11 through dawn the next day.
As we remember those who died with the beautiful Tribute of Light, turn your hearts and minds to the true and everlasting Light of the world. Jesus said,
John 8:12 . ..I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
Jesus also told that we, as Christians, are lights of the world. Because we are in Him, and we are members of His Body, we have His Light living in us by the power of the Holy Spirit. Let your light shine:
Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”
Pray in Remembrance and Pray in Hope
Father, on this day of remembrance we thank You that You are our God. You offer healing to the brokenhearted, comfort for those who mourn and courage for the fearful. May we remember that You are for us, You are with us, and You are in us; and in You alone we find our hope. Bless the families who mourn the loss of loved ones at the hands of evil and protect us, we pray, from the evil one. Use us to be lights to the world, witnesses to Your love and Your saving grace. We ask that You turn the hearts of the people of our nation to You, to change the condition of our country to reflect Your will and ways and to honor You. All this we ask in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.
Pray Also For Our Country and Its Leaders
Visit this page and watch short videos of former Presidents praying and confessing faith in God. Pray with evangelists and watch some short inspiring videos about the history and the future of our country. And PLEASE…Pray about it and then vote in the national election.
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD. Psalm 33:12
Has Anyone Ever Taken Your Place? An Amazing Account + A 9/11 Tribute
Remember 9/11 – Cry Out to Jesus – The Answer for All Who Suffer (video tribute)
Why Did the Terrorists Choose 9/11 to Attack?
Who Was the First Victim of 9/11?
The Light in the Darkness of 9/11
What to think this 9/11?
Finding Peace in the Smoke
No Room for Jesus
Always Remember September 11, 2001 ( 9/11 Tribute Video )
You probably remember where you were when you heard the devastating news. We invite you to share your experience with us. Email, hope@reasonsforhopeJesus.com
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas