Another anniversary of the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks has come and gone. It’s not uncommon for people to ask, “Where were you that day?” Most people remember it well.
- Was there not an EXPECTATION that MORE would happen?
- Our great nation, the United States America, had been ATTACKED!
- Will it happen again?
That horrific day—as it always seems to happen in times of distress—brought a REVIVAL in our land. Churches were once again full. People were asking questions of an apocalyptic nature. Bible sales soared. There was, it seemed, a FRESH RELIGIOUS FERVOR!
But in this revival, this religious fervor, there was a GLARING OMISSION. It was a religious revival that had . . .
No Room for Jesus
What surfaced in the time period following 9/11, was a spirit that had long been building steam in this land of ours . . . a RELIGIOUS UNIVERSALISM!
It was a seeking by those of the RELIGIOUS COMMUNITIES to UNITE ALL THE PEOPLE OF FAITH, no matter their particular RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION.
The move was on across the land to seek God, but in doing so, not to allow EXCLUSIVENESS to rear its head. It was the intent of those who were in the forefront of the RELIGIOUS REVIVAL to not allow JESUS to be a stumbling block to the faith of many. So, there was. . .
NO ROOM FOR JESUS in this RELIGIOUS REVIVAL.
The intent of a PARTICULAR EXCLUSION was successful, and has been readily accepted by the masses . . . for it SEEMS RIGHT IN THEIR MIND.
Such an ENVIRONMENT creates quite a CHALLENGE to the body of Christ!
Are we to JOIN IN with the RELIGIOUS REVIVAL, the RELIGIOUS FERVOR that was then and is also now?
After 9/11, Christian college president Dr. Joseph Stowell, wrote of attending The Chicago Leader-ship Prayer Breakfast where the following book was used to open the meeting,
- “A New Religious America: How a ‘Christian Country’ Has Become the World’s Most Religiously Diverse Nation” (by Diane Eck; a best-seller)
The emcee underscored “that diversity of religion in America now demands a new paradigm regarding the expression of our faith.” What followed was,
- An Imam chanted a prayer to Allah,
- A woman rabbi prayed,
- A Catholic priest then prayed,
- A liberal Protestant pastor joined in,
- A rector of Trinity Church in N.Y. then shared what has been readily accepted in our nation, “Theology is the name of the game after 9/11!” But he noted, given the broad diversity of religions in America, we now need to give up the “traditions” that divide those of us who believe in “God.”
Jesus’ Name Was Never Mentioned
The omission of Jesus’ name from such gathering is more prevalent today than in 2001!
Isn’t it sad how the devastating events of 9/11 only served to move this nation further away from Him who said,
- John 14:6 …”I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.”
Moving and Merging Jesus
The new religious fervor has come to include moving Jesus out of the way because he is too exclusive.
Dr. Stowell wrote in opposition to such thinking:
“While not exclusive in the wideness of His mercy, Jesus is exclusive in His claim that He is the only solution for our sin problem and the only way to God. And that indeed He is God. Jesus is the central issue that separates me from Hindus, Muslims, Jews, New Age adherents, and the advocates of any other form of religion. His claims are unique.”
Just as futile as the attempts to move Jesus out of the way are the attempts to MERGE JESUS into “a meaningless equality with other gods?” His Word does not allow us to do so.
Colossians 1:15-20 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Again . . . as we RECALL TO MIND THAT DAY, 9/11/01 it behooves us to NOTE that full churches, expressed biblical interest, and increased Bible sales in America did not serve to lead the majority of people to embrace Jesus as the Lord God, the only Savior. INSTEAD it gave rise to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons that marginalized and minimized the only Name, by which man can be saved.
I am here to charge you with GOD’S TRUTH. We, as believers, are to enter into the WAR. IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM ARE WE TO COMPROMISE THE TRUTH WHICH HAS BEEN ENTRUSTED TO US (1 Timothy 1:15), THE FAITH ONCE FOR ALL DELIVERED TO US (Jude 3).
Go forth in battle with the Captain of the Lord’s Host as your Leader and share the love of Jesus with everyone…before another 9/11 sends us to our knees.
Remember 9/11 – Cry Out to Jesus – The Answer for All Who Suffer (video tribute)
Why Did the Terrorists Choose 9/11 to Attack?
Who Was the First Victim of 9/11?
The Light in the Darkness of 9/11
What to think this 9/11?
Finding Peace in the Smoke
No Room for Jesus
Always Remember September 11, 2001 ( 9/11 Tribute Video )
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- Can JEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store