Another anniversary of the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks has come and gone. It’s not uncommon for people to ask, “Where were you that day?” Most people remember it well.
- Was there not an EXPECTATION that MORE would happen?
- Our great nation, the United States America, had been ATTACKED!
- Will it happen again?
That horrific day—as it always seems to happen in times of distress—brought a REVIVAL in our land. Churches were once again full. People were asking questions of an apocalyptic nature. Bible sales soared. There was, it seemed, a FRESH RELIGIOUS FERVOR!
But in this revival, this religious fervor, there was a GLARING OMISSION. It was a religious revival that had . . .
No Room for Jesus
What surfaced in the time period following 9/11, was a spirit that had long been building steam in this land of ours . . . a RELIGIOUS UNIVERSALISM!
It was a seeking by those of the RELIGIOUS COMMUNITIES to UNITE ALL THE PEOPLE OF FAITH, no matter their particular RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION.
The move was on across the land to seek God, but in doing so, not to allow EXCLUSIVENESS to rear its head. It was the intent of those who were in the forefront of the RELIGIOUS REVIVAL to not allow JESUS to be a stumbling block to the faith of many. So, there was. . .
NO ROOM FOR JESUS in this RELIGIOUS REVIVAL.
The intent of a PARTICULAR EXCLUSION was successful, and has been readily accepted by the masses . . . for it SEEMS RIGHT IN THEIR MIND.
Such an ENVIRONMENT creates quite a CHALLENGE to the body of Christ!
Are we to JOIN IN with the RELIGIOUS REVIVAL, the RELIGIOUS FERVOR that was then and is also now?
After 9/11, Christian college president Dr. Joseph Stowell, wrote of attending The Chicago Leader-ship Prayer Breakfast where the following book was used to open the meeting,
- “A New Religious America: How a ‘Christian Country’ Has Become the World’s Most Religiously Diverse Nation” (by Diane Eck; a best-seller)
The emcee underscored “that diversity of religion in America now demands a new paradigm regarding the expression of our faith.” What followed was,
- An Imam chanted a prayer to Allah,
- A woman rabbi prayed,
- A Catholic priest then prayed,
- A liberal Protestant pastor joined in,
- A rector of Trinity Church in N.Y. then shared what has been readily accepted in our nation, “Theology is the name of the game after 9/11!” But he noted, given the broad diversity of religions in America, we now need to give up the “traditions” that divide those of us who believe in “God.”
Jesus’ Name Was Never Mentioned
The omission of Jesus’ name from such gathering is more prevalent today than in 2001!
Isn’t it sad how the devastating events of 9/11 only served to move this nation further away from Him who said,
- John 14:6 …”I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.”
Moving and Merging Jesus
The new religious fervor has come to include moving Jesus out of the way because he is too exclusive.
Dr. Stowell wrote in opposition to such thinking:
“While not exclusive in the wideness of His mercy, Jesus is exclusive in His claim that He is the only solution for our sin problem and the only way to God. And that indeed He is God. Jesus is the central issue that separates me from Hindus, Muslims, Jews, New Age adherents, and the advocates of any other form of religion. His claims are unique.”
Just as futile as the attempts to move Jesus out of the way are the attempts to MERGE JESUS into “a meaningless equality with other gods?” His Word does not allow us to do so.
Colossians 1:15-20 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Again . . . as we RECALL TO MIND THAT DAY, 9/11/01 it behooves us to NOTE that full churches, expressed biblical interest, and increased Bible sales in America did not serve to lead the majority of people to embrace Jesus as the Lord God, the only Savior. INSTEAD it gave rise to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons that marginalized and minimized the only Name, by which man can be saved.
I am here to charge you with GOD’S TRUTH. We, as believers, are to enter into the WAR. IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM ARE WE TO COMPROMISE THE TRUTH WHICH HAS BEEN ENTRUSTED TO US (1 Timothy 1:15), THE FAITH ONCE FOR ALL DELIVERED TO US (Jude 3).
Go forth in battle with the Captain of the Lord’s Host as your Leader and share the love of Jesus with everyone…before another 9/11 sends us to our knees.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIEDon Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
CanJEWSgo toHEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAMSay on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge