Another anniversary of the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks has come and gone. It’s not uncommon for people to ask, “Where were you that day?” Most people remember it well.
- Was there not an EXPECTATION that MORE would happen?
- Our great nation, the United States America, had been ATTACKED!
- Will it happen again?
That horrific day—as it always seems to happen in times of distress—brought a REVIVAL in our land. Churches were once again full. People were asking questions of an apocalyptic nature. Bible sales soared. There was, it seemed, a FRESH RELIGIOUS FERVOR!
But in this revival, this religious fervor, there was a GLARING OMISSION. It was a religious revival that had . . .
No Room for Jesus
What surfaced in the time period following 9/11, was a spirit that had long been building steam in this land of ours . . . a RELIGIOUS UNIVERSALISM!
It was a seeking by those of the RELIGIOUS COMMUNITIES to UNITE ALL THE PEOPLE OF FAITH, no matter their particular RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION.
The move was on across the land to seek God, but in doing so, not to allow EXCLUSIVENESS to rear its head. It was the intent of those who were in the forefront of the RELIGIOUS REVIVAL to not allow JESUS to be a stumbling block to the faith of many. So, there was. . .
NO ROOM FOR JESUS in this RELIGIOUS REVIVAL.
The intent of a PARTICULAR EXCLUSION was successful, and has been readily accepted by the masses . . . for it SEEMS RIGHT IN THEIR MIND.
Such an ENVIRONMENT creates quite a CHALLENGE to the body of Christ!
Are we to JOIN IN with the RELIGIOUS REVIVAL, the RELIGIOUS FERVOR that was then and is also now?
After 9/11, Christian college president Dr. Joseph Stowell, wrote of attending The Chicago Leader-ship Prayer Breakfast where the following book was used to open the meeting,
- “A New Religious America: How a ‘Christian Country’ Has Become the World’s Most Religiously Diverse Nation” (by Diane Eck; a best-seller)
The emcee underscored “that diversity of religion in America now demands a new paradigm regarding the expression of our faith.” What followed was,
- An Imam chanted a prayer to Allah,
- A woman rabbi prayed,
- A Catholic priest then prayed,
- A liberal Protestant pastor joined in,
- A rector of Trinity Church in N.Y. then shared what has been readily accepted in our nation, “Theology is the name of the game after 9/11!” But he noted, given the broad diversity of religions in America, we now need to give up the “traditions” that divide those of us who believe in “God.”
Jesus’ Name Was Never Mentioned
The omission of Jesus’ name from such gathering is more prevalent today than in 2001!
Isn’t it sad how the devastating events of 9/11 only served to move this nation further away from Him who said,
- John 14:6 …”I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.”
Moving and Merging Jesus
The new religious fervor has come to include moving Jesus out of the way because he is too exclusive.
Dr. Stowell wrote in opposition to such thinking:
“While not exclusive in the wideness of His mercy, Jesus is exclusive in His claim that He is the only solution for our sin problem and the only way to God. And that indeed He is God. Jesus is the central issue that separates me from Hindus, Muslims, Jews, New Age adherents, and the advocates of any other form of religion. His claims are unique.”
Just as futile as the attempts to move Jesus out of the way are the attempts to MERGE JESUS into “a meaningless equality with other gods?” His Word does not allow us to do so.
Colossians 1:15-20 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Again . . . as we RECALL TO MIND THAT DAY, 9/11/01 it behooves us to NOTE that full churches, expressed biblical interest, and increased Bible sales in America did not serve to lead the majority of people to embrace Jesus as the Lord God, the only Savior. INSTEAD it gave rise to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons that marginalized and minimized the only Name, by which man can be saved.
I am here to charge you with GOD’S TRUTH. We, as believers, are to enter into the WAR. IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM ARE WE TO COMPROMISE THE TRUTH WHICH HAS BEEN ENTRUSTED TO US (1 Timothy 1:15), THE FAITH ONCE FOR ALL DELIVERED TO US (Jude 3).
Go forth in battle with the Captain of the Lord’s Host as your Leader and share the love of Jesus with everyone…before another 9/11 sends us to our knees.
Has Anyone Ever Taken Your Place? An Amazing Account + A 9/11 Tribute
Remember 9/11 – Cry Out to Jesus – The Answer for All Who Suffer (video tribute)
Why Did the Terrorists Choose 9/11 to Attack?
Who Was the First Victim of 9/11?
The Light in the Darkness of 9/11
What to think this 9/11?
Finding Peace in the Smoke
No Room for Jesus
Always Remember September 11, 2001 ( 9/11 Tribute Video )
A 9/11 Memorial Video Age-Restricted? Why?
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED