Hi Reasons for Hope* Jesus,
We wanted to let you know that our team has reviewed your content and we don’t think it’s in line with our Community Guidelines. As a result, we’ve age- restricted the following content:
Video: 9/11 Tribute — Always Remember September 11, 2001
We haven’t applied a strike to your channel, and your content is still live for some users on YouTube…
What “age-restricted” means
We age-restrict content when we don’t think it’s suitable for younger audiences. This means it will not be visible to users who are logged out, are under 18 years of age, or have Restricted Mode enabled. It also won’t be eligible for ads.
What’s That About?
Let me share some background and reasoning about the video, and you can come to your own conclusion about why it was age-restricted.
In 2018, we created and posted this video to remember those who died on 9/11, titled: Remember 9/11 – Cry Out to Jesus – The Answer for All Who Suffer
In 2019, we created and posted this video as another remembrance of those who died on 9/11, titled: 9/11 Tribute — Always Remember September 11, 2001
Age Restriction of 2019 Video
As said above, the video created and posted in 2019 was age-restricted by YouTube on December 13, 2020. We were not given any specific reason and were only informed “we don’t think [the content] suitable for younger audiences.”
What content? The song? The images? The President’s words?
Comparing 2018 and 2019 Tributes
Both videos feature songs with beautiful and touching words — the 2019 age-restricted video featured Amy Grant’s song, We Will Remember, which is about remembering those who died The 2018 video featured Third Day’s song Cry Out To Jesus, which is about finding hope and strength in the Lord during loss.
It can’t be the songs. There is nothing objectionable in either song.
Both videos feature similar images of the tragedy and sorrow of 9/11 — images used all over the world and none worthy of being censored. While varied, the images in both the 2019 age-restricted video and the 2018 video are very similar. They chronicle a historical event, so there should be nothing objectionable about the 2019 images. And if there was, the same should be applied to the 2018 video — and it was not age-restricted.
So what about the President’s Words?
There is a significant variation in the introduction of the videos.
2018 Video (view it below)
The 2018 video featured President Bush’s spoken words to the nation on 9/11:
Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts. The victims were in airplanes or in their offices: secretaries, business men and women, military and federal workers, moms and dads, friends and neighbors. Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror.
…Today, our nation saw evil — the very worst of human nature — and we responded with the best of America. With the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could.
None of us will ever forget this day… (1)
2019 Video (view it below)
Excerpt from President Bush’s words to a joint session of Congress and the nation on Sept 20, 2001
From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime. Our nation has been put on notice, we’re not immune from attack. We will take defensive measures against terrorism to protect Americans.
…please continue praying for the victims of terror and their families, for those in uniform and for our great country. Prayer has comforted us in sorrow and will help strengthen us for the journey ahead.
…Some will carry memories of a face and a voice gone forever.
…Fellow citizens, we’ll meet violence with patient justice, assured of the rightness of our cause and confident of the victories to come.
In all that lies before us, may God grant us wisdom and may he watch over the United States of America. (2)
Unsuitable Content or an Attempt to Suppress the Truth?
You decide. But as you do, pause to remember the victims of 9/11. Pray for their families who still miss them. And take a couple of minutes to watch our tribute videos (The age-restricted 2019 video is hosted on Vimeo, so it can be embedded and viewed here. Thank you, Vimeo, for allowing truth to be uncensored.)
Remember 9/11 – Cry Out to Jesus – The Answer for All Who Suffer
Age-Restricted 2019 video: 9-11 Tribute — Always Remember September 11, 2001
Has Anyone Ever Taken Your Place? An Amazing Account + A 9/11 Tribute
Remember 9/11 – Cry Out to Jesus – The Answer for All Who Suffer (video tribute)
Why Did the Terrorists Choose 9/11 to Attack?
Who Was the First Victim of 9/11?
The Light in the Darkness of 9/11
What to think this 9/11?
Finding Peace in the Smoke
No Room for Jesus
Always Remember September 11, 2001 ( 9/11 Tribute Video )
A 9/11 Memorial Video Age-Restricted? Why?
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED