In 2001, Steve Schneibner was pastoring a church in Maine. He was also a pilot for American Airlines. On the morning of September 11th, 2001, he should have been in the cockpit of American Airlines Flight 11— but he was not.
Schneibner had been scheduled to fly American Airlines Flight 11 on that fateful day, but when he awoke on September 11th he learned that he had been “bumped” by a pilot with more seniority. Little did he know what was about to take place only hours later.
Over the many years, Schneibner has told his story in churches and other venues nationwide. He honors the memory of Tom McGuinness–the man who sat in the cockpit of Flight 11 when it crashed into the north face of the World Trade Center’s Tower 1 at 8:46 am that day. And with humility and adoration, Schneibner tells about another man–a man who took his place 2,000 years ago and died the death he should have died.
With strong faith in the providence of God and a biblical worldview, Schneibner shares his feelings of having been spared from death and God’s purpose for leaving him on this earth. Watch his testimony:
Video clipped for teaching purposes from a much longer message.
Do NOT miss our 9/11 Tribute song. Take a minute to remember the victims of 9/11 and pray for their families and friends who still feel the pain of their absence in this life. This video will make you cry and move you to pray for God’s protection for our nation from the evil in the world that seeks to destroy. Then read about the importance of rightly remembering.
On December 13, 2020, we were notified by YouTube that this video would be age-restricted (only 18+ who are logged in to YouTube can view it) . We have no idea why they would age restrict this. It is a video tribute to those innocent souls who perished on 9/11/2001 and a reminder that we must always remember them. It is a moving song and video and it also honors those who put themselves in harm’s way to conduct the search and rescue mission. Why was it age restricted? Perhaps it was President Bush’s words? Or the video of the planes flying into the towers? If you have any idea, let us know at hope@reasonsforhopeJesus.com. The video above is hosted on Vimeo
Do You Remember Or Do You Forget?
Excerpt from Why the Butterfly? A Book About Remembering
There are events that are forever etched in our memories, and yet there are others that quickly vanish. If asked where you were at the moment you heard about the events of September 11, 2001, it’s likely you would quickly respond with details. You would tell of where you were when it happened and the people with whom you shared your shock and sadness concerning the horrific events of that day. Those who were alive on December 7, 1941 remember another attack on American soil. In fact, Franklin Delano Roosevelt proclaimed the attack on Pearl Harbor as “a date which will live in infamy.” Events such as those are easily remembered, largely due to memorials held on their anniversaries. So also, other events that have occurred on the world stage are easily remembered because of historical records.
Equally, if not more important than remembering national and world news, is remembering the events, people, places, etc. that touch our lives personally. They might never be recorded in print or on video, but they have a greater impact on us and far more influence in directing our paths.
Consider the people, places, and events that you hold dear, those that you count as important and memorable. Perhaps they evoke precious memories that bring joy to your heart, or maybe they bring to mind memories of pain or sadness. Whichever it may be, it’s likely those memories continue to have an effect on your life and significantly alter your path.
Why is Remembering Important?
Our minds are a precious gift from God and we are to use them to reason in God-honoring ways. Our ability to remember directs our lives, and by allowing our memories to reveal God’s presence and faithfulness we will remember rightly. Then, when we experience difficult times or times of feeling distant from God, we will remember that He is always there. He is faithful and true and is creating a beautiful mosaic of our lives—a mosaic designed according to His plan, and for His purposes.
Learn the skills of rightly remembering, clear vision, and a devoted heart: Why the Butterfly? A Book About Rightly Remembering
Has Anyone Ever Taken Your Place? An Amazing Account + A 9/11 Tribute
Remember 9/11 – Cry Out to Jesus – The Answer for All Who Suffer (video tribute)
Why Did the Terrorists Choose 9/11 to Attack?
Who Was the First Victim of 9/11?
The Light in the Darkness of 9/11
What to think this 9/11?
Finding Peace in the Smoke
No Room for Jesus
Always Remember September 11, 2001 ( 9/11 Tribute Video )
A 9/11 Memorial Video Age-Restricted? Why?
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
At Reasons for Hope* Jesus, we are committed to equipping, encouraging, and empowering Christians to know Jesus better, love Him more, and share their faith. We also reach the lost through our Salvation Page.
With your support, we can continue to provide valuable resources and engaging content. Please join us in our mission by donating today. Your generous contribution helps us expand our outreach of sharing biblical truths and hope in Jesus. Thank you for your kindness and for being an integral part of our mission.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED