As children head back to school we invite you to take a minute and pray for them.
- Pray that God will draw them close and reveal Himself to them in mighty ways.
- Pray for their protection in a world that is growing more and more dangerous.
- Pray for their hearts to be guarded against the secular world that both denies and defies God.
- Pray for their minds to be renewed daily by God’s truth not man’s.
- Pray for the adults who teach them to both edify and encourage.
- Pray for the friends who influence them to kind and faithful.
- Pray that they learn to speak truth, not lies, to be obedient, not defiant
- Pray that they be eager to learn, open to receive love and willing to give love.
- Pray that they will come to know Jesus, to love Him and to follow Him all the days of their lives.
Pray for All Children
Children are our treasure and our future. Love them. Care for them. Teach them. Especially in this election year, we pause to wonder if the tidal wave of apostasy and the man-centered ways of the world will cause the next generation to wander even further from God. As Americans, we place a high value on education and knowledge, but of greater importance is true wisdom that only comes from the knowledge of Jesus.
Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Pray that our children will grow to critically think and carefully evaluate what they are taught and will learn to measure all things by God’s truth. The world is growing darker every day. Be a light in the life of a child. Teach them the light and life of Jesus. Help them learn His will and His ways so their light will shine brighter and brighter in a world that so desperately needs His light. Shine God’s love, His hope, His strength. Be bold and share the gospel of grace. And always pray for the hearts of all people…that God will draw them to Himself and establish their hearts in His grace.
Now take a minute and pray with us…
Pray also for our nation!
Countdown to the election with us and find out which Presidents said these words….
“The peoples of the earth face the future with grave uncertainty, composed almost equally of great hopes and great fears.”
“Almighty God. As we stand here at this moment, my future associates in the executive branch of government join me in beseeching that thou will make full and complete our dedication to the service of the people…”
“…with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God’s work must truly be our own.”
“…my first act as President is a prayer. I ask you to bow your heads: Heavenly Father, we bow our heads and thank You for Your love…”
“From the day of our Founding, we have proclaimed that every man and woman on this earth has rights, and dignity, and matchless value, because they bear the image of the Maker of Heaven and earth….History has an ebb and flow of justice, but history also has a visible direction, set by liberty and the Author of Liberty….”
- Should We Not Repeat Prayers Because of Vain Repetitions? (Matt 6:7)
- Do You Say or Pray The Lord’s Prayer? by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
- Can You Pray St Patrick’s Prayer?
- Hear My Prayer, O Lord – 12 Supplications
- A Prayer for Peace in a Troubled World
- A Little Girl’s Prayer for Her Daddy
- The LORD Receives My Prayer
- A Heart for God Revealed in St. Patrick’s Prayer (video)
- Prayers from Billy Graham
- Incessant Prayer (Communion with God)
- The Word and Prayer Together
- My Prayer? That You Would Know . . . .
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (Take a fun vision test.)
- Should We Only Pray to the Father as Jesus Taught? Or Is It Okay to Pray to Jesus and the Spirit?
- National Day of Prayer
- Why is Prayer Important?
- Effectual Praying
- PAUSE TO PRAY
- And Hezekiah Prayed
- Is Not Voting a Sin? And, how is voting like praying?
- Praying Like The Master
- Pause to Pray for Children
- My Prayer? That You Would Know . . . .
- A Christmas Morning Prayer
- Why didn’t God answer my prayers and heal my loved one?
- What are the various types of prayer? How should I pray?
- Why does the Catholic church pray to “saints,” if Jesus is the only one who can answer prayers?
- The best eulogy to remember a father!
- Jesus wept. It’s not the shortest verse.
- Are you glad to see Jesus?
- Misconceptions about Christmas
- At the Gate of the Year: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- See Jesus on every page of the Bible!
- Surely This Was a Righteous Man
- How should I witness to Jehovah’s Witnesses?
- Hear, See, Speak and POST No Evil
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
- Is It a Sin to Drink Alcohol?
- The Meaning of Colors in the Bible? /The Meaning of Numbers in the Bible?
- What is the unpardonable sin? What if I commit it?
- Is it a sin to be fat?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
- Is there a hidden message in Rev 7? Why is Dan missing?
- Did Jesus descend into Hell?
- Where did OT saints go at death? What’s Abraham’s Bosom?