In Acts 13 we read about the apostle Paul standing up in the synagogue at Pisidian Antioch and delivering a message to the Jews regarding Jesus the Christ. In the context of his historical teaching regarding Israel, Paul made a most interesting statement about King David,
Acts 13:22 And when he had removed him [King Saul], He [God] raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also He gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after my own heart, who shall fulfill all my will.
God, having removed Saul from his position as king, raised up David to be Israel’s king. And what a commendation He made about David, the son of Jesse. God said he was “a man after my own heart” and a man who would fulfill His will.
Take a moment to think about this passage brethren. How would you like God to speak about you? Now ask yourself, do you have such a heart as David did? Does your heart seek God’s heart and His will? And what exactly does that mean?
I suggest it means your heart loves the things that God’s heart loves (e.g. righteousness) and loves the people God loves (ie. all people). It is a heart that feels compelled to give mercy and grace, to love and help others, and, most of all, it is a heart that desires to obey God and walk according to His will and ways.
Consider the Words of David
David was “a man after God’s heart” and in Psalm 63 he expressed the depths of his heart.
Psa 63:1-8 O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of Your wings, I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me.
Those are the words of a man that God testifies to us is after His own heart. Again, the question, Do you have such a heart?
During this month of February, which is designated “Heart Health Month,” examine your heart and pray to have a heart like David’s, a heart that loves the Lord your God with all your might, and with all your strength, and with all your mind. That’s a heart after the heart of God. That’s a heart our Father can find great pleasure in and thereby be honored and glorified.
Read more about love:
- A-Z Proof of Love that Never Fades
- What are the 10 Ways We Can Love Like Jesus?
- Faith, Hope, and Love — Why is Love the Greatest?
- Testify to Love (VIDEO)
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
- Extravagant Love that Captures our Hearts
- Fun Facts about Love
- Kids Say the Darndest Things (video)
- “The Five Love Languages” by God
- Do You Really Love Him?
- What Do Kids Say About Love?
- What’s Love Got to Do With It?
- What is Love?
- Is the Bible a love letter to me?
- Does God love the lost?
- Extravagant Love
- O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- 24 Reasons “Why I Love America,” by John Wayne (video)
- The Legacy of Love — It’s Not Just For Fathers
- Mother’s Love
- Love Lifted Me
- True Love is Jesus (video)
- Won't You Be Mine (video)
- He Loves Me (video)
- Love One Another (video)
- True Love is Jesus (video)
- How Can I Understand the Love of God?
- Do You Have a Heart for God?
- A Heart for God Revealed in St. Patrick’s Prayer
- My Beloved is Mine and I am His
- Oh, To Love With a Pure Heart
- Love is. . .
- Is All Love Created Equal? CS Lewis Answers
- What Can Love Do? (video)
- What is the Biblical Definition of Love?
If you do NOT know Jesus, click here NOW!
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering
YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and we need your help to continue. Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?*** Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. Subscribe to our newsletter and we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email). SUBSCRIBE NOW
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR