A-Z proof of love? Everyone knows Valentines Day is a special day to celebrate love but does it really prove love? And, once it ends, all the sweetness and affirmations of the day can quickly fade away.
Keeping Valentine’s Day Love Alive
When the pressures of daily life attempt to diminish the joy and cloud the memory of Valentine’s Day love, set your mind upon the truest, most enduring love that will never diminish or fade. Turn to the pages of the “Book of Love”—the Bible. And, who better than the apostle John to remind us of what true and undying love is?
John knew how much he was loved by Jesus (John 13:23, 20:2, 21:7, 20) and John magnified that love in his epistles. In his first letter, John uses some form of the word love 46 times. In his second letter (which is only 13 verses long) he uses love four times, and in 3 John (14 verses long) he uses love twice. John reminds us that the love we have for God and others comes from God.
1 John 4:19 We love Him because He first loved us.
So, how can we understand God’s love? It truly is incomprehensible because it far exceeds our ability to love like God loves us. Yet, in His Word, God has given innumerable blessings for our understanding of the great gift of His love.
From A-Z, let’s look at how the Bible defines God’s love for us.
1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
1 John 3:1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
Eph 1:4 …He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
1 John 4:8 …God is love.
Eph 4:7, 12 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift….for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,
Deu 7:9 Therefore know that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments.
Psa 103:8 (NIV) The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
1 Tim 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
Rom 5:5 …the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Eph 3:17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
2 Cor 9:15 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
1 Pet 1:8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
Titus 3:4 …the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared
Gal 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
1 John 4:9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
1 John 4:8 …God is love.
Rom 8:39 …the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Rom 15:30 …the love of the Spirit…
John 17:21-23 “that they [believers] all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
1 John 4:11, 12 …we also ought to love one another…If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
Psa 119:159 Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O LORD, according to thy lovingkindness.
Isa 63:9 In all their affliction He was afflicted, And the Angel of His Presence saved them; In His love and in His pity He redeemed them; And He bore them and carried them All the days of old.
Titus 3:4-6 …when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared…according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit…whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior.
John 13:1 …having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.
Unfathomable, Unfailing, Undeniable and Unending Love
1 John 4:9-10 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Song 8:7 Many waters cannot quench love, Nor can the floods drown it.
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
1 Cor 13:13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Psa 111:1, 4 Praise the LORD! I will praise the LORD with my whole heart…He has made His wonderful works to be remembered; The LORD is gracious and full of compassion.
X- Exceeding Love
2 Cor 9:14 …the exceeding grace of God in you.
Eph 1:19 …the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power
Eph 2:7 …the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
Eph 3:20 …Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.
1 Tim 2:3-4 1 Tim 2:3 …God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Isa 9:6-7 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
Oh, that we might know the magnitude and the power of the love that God has for us. Grasping this comes from knowing God better, remembering all that He has done for us and abiding in Jesus.
Don’t let your Valentine’s Day love fade.
Take a minute and watch this short video and bask in the light of His love.
Read more about love:
- A-Z Proof of Love that Never Fades
- What are the 10 Ways We Can Love Like Jesus?
- You Ask Why I Follow This Jesus? -- a short poem
- Because He First Loved Us - 1 John 4:19
- Faith, Hope, and Love — Why is Love the Greatest?
- Testify to Love (VIDEO)
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
- Extravagant Love that Captures our Hearts
- Fun Facts about Love
- Kids Say the Darndest Things (video)
- “The Five Love Languages” by God
- Do You Really Love Him?
- What Do Kids Say About Love?
- What’s Love Got to Do With It?
- What is Love?
- Is the Bible a love letter to me?
- Does God love the lost?
- Extravagant Love
- O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- 24 Reasons “Why I Love America,” by John Wayne (video)
- The Legacy of Love — It’s Not Just For Fathers
- Mother’s Love
- Love Lifted Me
- True Love is Jesus (video)
- Won't You Be Mine (video)
- He Loves Me (video)
- Love One Another (video)
- True Love is Jesus (video)
- How Can I Understand the Love of God?
- Do You Have a Heart for God?
- A Heart for God Revealed in St. Patrick’s Prayer
- My Beloved is Mine and I am His
- Oh, To Love With a Pure Heart
- Love is. . .
- Is All Love Created Equal? CS Lewis Answers
- What Can Love Do? (video)
- What is Biblical Love?
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
At Reasons for Hope* Jesus, we are committed to equipping, encouraging, and empowering Christians to know Jesus better, love Him more, and share their faith. We also reach the lost through our Salvation Page.
With your support, we can continue to provide valuable resources and engaging content. Please join us in our mission by donating today. Your generous contribution helps us expand our outreach of sharing biblical truths and hope in Jesus. Thank you for your kindness and for being an integral part of our mission.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED