Lord, hear my prayer:
“Lord, all my desire is before You.” Psalm 38:9
“Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; unite my heart to fear Your name.” Psalm 86:11
Encouraged by Your blessed word of promise, O Lord, that before men call, You will answer, and while they are yet speaking, You will hear (Isaiah 65:24), I now draw near to You and present my supplication before You.
- Teach me, by Your word and Spirit, the things of my everlasting peace;
- Let my soul be cast in the mold of the gospel and let me be obedient to Your will in all things.
- Manifest Yourself unto me, as You do not to the world;
- Show me my inward corruptions and let me see into the depth of iniquity that is in my heart;
- Grant me that fear of the Lord which is the beginning of wisdom;
- Incline my heart unto Your testimonies
- Lead me into all truth;
- Help me to learn that he that believes will not make haste;
- Restrain the impetuosity of my natural temper, that I may do all things deliberately, as becomes one that fears always, that is ever looking unto You for direction.
- Preserve me calm in my spirit, gentle in my commands, and watchful that I speak not unadvisedly with my lips;
- Moderate in my purposes, yielding in my temper, and at the same time steadfast in my principles.
- Grant me Your protection, and may Your blessing rest upon me.
I pray that I walk honorably through the wilderness and pass triumphantly over Jordan into Canaan. Amen.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- Can JEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store