Lord, hear my prayer:
“Lord, all my desire is before You.” Psalm 38:9
“Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; unite my heart to fear Your name.” Psalm 86:11
Encouraged by Your blessed word of promise, O Lord, that before men call, You will answer, and while they are yet speaking, You will hear (Isaiah 65:24), I now draw near to You and present my supplication before You.
- Teach me, by Your word and Spirit, the things of my everlasting peace;
- Let my soul be cast in the mold of the gospel and let me be obedient to Your will in all things.
- Manifest Yourself unto me, as You do not to the world;
- Show me my inward corruptions and let me see into the depth of iniquity that is in my heart;
- Grant me that fear of the Lord which is the beginning of wisdom;
- Incline my heart unto Your testimonies
- Lead me into all truth;
- Help me to learn that he that believes will not make haste;
- Restrain the impetuosity of my natural temper, that I may do all things deliberately, as becomes one that fears always, that is ever looking unto You for direction.
- Preserve me calm in my spirit, gentle in my commands, and watchful that I speak not unadvisedly with my lips;
- Moderate in my purposes, yielding in my temper, and at the same time steadfast in my principles.
- Grant me Your protection, and may Your blessing rest upon me.
I pray that I walk honorably through the wilderness and pass triumphantly over Jordan into Canaan. Amen.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
If you do NOT know Jesus, click here NOW!
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering
YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and we need your help to continue. Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?*** Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. Subscribe to our newsletter and we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email). SUBSCRIBE NOW
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR