A Very Special Christmas
What If You Had Been There When Jesus Was Born?
Put yourself at the cradle and consider what your heart feels. Set your eyes on Jesus. Consider what it might have been like if you had been there that first Christmas morning. What might you have said?
The Story Behind the Filming of the Beautiful Nativity Scene in Mr. Krueger’s Christmas
Jimmy Stewart agreed to do the Mr. Krueger’s Christmas (1980) because he believed it would promote the true meaning of Christmas.
The holiday “has come to be connected with Santa Claus, gifts, lights, decorations, trees,” Stewart said. “We may be guilty of forgetting that Christmas is really the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.”
During the filming of the movie, the actor approached one scene with great solemnity. It was the scene of him talking to Jesus. Before filming of that scene began, he announced, “I’ve got only one of these in me. Everyone who doesn’t need to be here, get them out. Tell them I want this to go well. I can do other takes, but this will be the right one. There will only be one.”
After he finished the scene, [the producer] asked the cameraman, “Did you get it?”
“I hope so,” he replied, “because I was crying.”
Later, after production was finished, [the producer] took the final product to Stewart’s house. He watched the movie with Stewart and his wife Gloria. When it was finished, Gloria left the room in tears.
“So, what do you think?” he asked Stewart.
“Well,” he said after a long pause, “Gloria is my best critic. I guess we did good.” ¹
While “Mr. Krueger’s Christmas” is a great Jimmy Stewart Christmas movie, the actor is best remembered for his portrayal of George Baily in “It’s a Wonderful Life.” In that movie, Stewart’s character went from despair to joyful hope after considering what it might have been like if he had died at a young age. Seeing the impact his life had on family and friends, Stewart’s character George Baily was thankful and understood that God is always with us and has a plan and purpose for our lives.
Similar, in “Mr. Krueger’s Christmas,” Stewart’s character exhibited a grateful heart — giving thanks for the Lord Jesus Christ’s presence throughout his life.
Making it Personal
Remember, Jesus came for every one of us.
For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son (John 3:16).
Jesus came to live among His creation and to show us what it means to sacrificially love and serve others. And then He willingly went to the cross and gave His life to pay for our sins so one day we can enter into the presence of God in Heaven.
In the first coming of Jesus, God sent His Son into our world (John 3:16). But the verse doesn’t stop there. The verse tells that in order to have eternal life one must believe on Jesus. That means to believe in one’s heart and confess with one’s mouth to receive salvation (Rom 10:9-10).
Chances are if you are reading this, you belong to Jesus. But what about your friends, family, neighbors, business associates, etc?
Everyone needs to know Jesus to receive the eternal life Jesus spoke of in John 3:16.
Commit today to share the love of Jesus and the saving grace He offers to all. Start the New Year off right by being an ambassador of hope to tell everyone about the Lord Jesus Christ.
Remember, Jesus will never leave you (Hebrews 13:5). He’s always with you (Joshua 1:9, Isaiah 41:10, Deuteronomy 31:6, Zephaniah 3:17, Matthew 28:20, Romans 8:38-39). Show your love for Jesus by being ready always to give a reason for the HOPE that you have (1 Peter 3:15). Visit our Salvation Page for verses to share. We’ve had many people visit the page and then email us that they prayed the prayer of repentance of sin and faith in Jesus.
Get equipped. Be encouraged. Be bold.
Share JESUS with a lost and dying world.
The Season of Advent (the 4 weeks before Christmas)
Will You Find Rest This Advent Season?
Advent Candle 1 – HOPE: Prophecy Gives Hope (video)
Advent Candle 2 – LOVE: Promise Reveals Love (video)
Advent Candle 3 – JOY: Jesus Is Our Joy (video)
Advent Candle 4 – PEACE: Pause to Find Peace (video)
Christmas-themed GOT QUESTIONS?
- Does “Xmas” Cross Jesus Out of Christmas?
- The Most Important Lesson for YOU in the Nativity Story?
- Misconceptions about the Journey to Bethlehem (video)
- Errors in the Nativity Story? Is Jesus’ birthplace wrong?
- Who were the Three Wise Men? Fact or legend?
- How Did the Wise Men Know to Follow His Star?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 Days After Jesus’ Birth? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the significance of the Three Kings' gifts?
- Was Jesus born in a stable, a cave or a house?
- Was Mary a Levite, making Jesus both King and Priest?
- Was Jesus born in September (not December?)
- Should we celebrate Jesus’ birthday in September?
- Was Jesus born in a stable, cave or house?
- Should Christians Celebrate Christmas?
- How did Jesus become a man?
- How did Jesus become a man?
- Do You Get These 7 Things Right or Wrong About the Nativity Story?
- Are You Stuck in the Middle This Christmas? (short video lessons from the popular comedy TV show "The Middle.")
- What are the Prophecies of Christmas? (video)
- Where are the genealogies of Jesus in Mark and John?
- Why are There Two Different Genealogies for Jesus?
- A Boastful Christmas Letter
- Peace Delivers Hope
- Promise Ignites Hope
- Preparation Produces Hope
- Prophesy Reveals Hope
- Alone at Christmas? Feeling lonely?
- Another reason God came to dwell with man.
- How can you have a white Christmas without snow?
- Christmas, abortion and Joseph, the forgotten man of Christmas
- Remember the Wonder of Christmas
- Will you find rest, peace and joy this advent season?
- A Christmas Morning Prayer by Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894)
- What If You Had Been There When Jesus Was Born? (video)
- Pause to Find Hope (video)
- Pause to Receive the Promises of God (video)
- Pause to See Jesus (video)
- Pause to Hear God’s Plan (video)
- Christmas Trivia Fun
- Songs of Christmas Series: Away in a Manger; Mary, Did You Know? Rose of Bethlehem; Good Christian Men Rejoice; Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; I Wonder As I Wander; What Child Is This? The First Noel In the Bleak Midwinter (a golden oldie)
Do not be anxious about anything. (Phil 4:6)
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we must rightly remember who is in control. Our God is sovereign over all things, including COVID-19. As Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892) said, “The sovereignty of God is a soft pillow on which weary people lay their heads.”
Remember also God’s gracious promise, and that it is true and He is faithful to keep it: Hebrews 13:5 …”I will never leave you, nor forsake you.” The next verse remind us of the power that comes in trusting God and how we can live: Hebrews 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man [or COVID-19] shall do to me.
God loves us, and in Christ we find confidence and calm in times of uncertainty and trouble. When we trust in God, fear is replaced with faith, stress is replaced with strength, anxiety is gone and hope abounds, problems become opportunities, and we are able to receive the blessings God has for us in the midst of difficult circumstances. Turn to Jesus. He will lead you to the still waters and give rest for your troubled soul.
This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast…Hebrews 6:19
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR