A Very Special Christmas
What If You Had Been There When Jesus Was Born?
Put yourself at the cradle and consider what your heart feels. Set your eyes on Jesus. Consider what it might have been like if you had been there that first Christmas morning. What might you have said?
The Story Behind the Filming of the Beautiful Nativity Scene in Mr. Krueger’s Christmas
Jimmy Stewart agreed to do the movie because he believed it would promote the true meaning of Christmas.
The holiday “has come to be connected with Santa Claus, gifts, lights, decorations, trees,” Stewart said. “We may be guilty of forgetting that Christmas is really the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.”
During the filming of the movie, the actor approached one scene with great solemnity. It was the scene of him talking to Jesus. Before filming of that scene began, he announced, “I’ve got only one of these in me. Everyone who doesn’t need to be here, get them out. Tell them I want this to go well. I can do other takes, but this will be the right one. There will only be one.”
After he finished the scene, [the producer] asked the cameraman, “Did you get it?”
“I hope so,” he replied, “because I was crying.”
Later, after production was finished, [the producer] took the final product to Stewart’s house. He watched the movie with Stewart and his wife Gloria. When it was finished, Gloria left the room in tears.
“So, what do you think?” he asked Stewart.
“Well,” he said after a long pause, “Gloria is my best critic. I guess we did good.” ¹
While “Mr. Krueger’s Christmas” is a great Jimmy Stewart Christmas movie, the actor is best remembered for his portrayal of George Baily in “It’s a Wonderful Life.” In that movie, Stewart’s character went from despair to joyful hope after considering what it might have been like if he had died at a young age. Seeing the impact his life had on family and friends, Stewart’s character George Baily was thankful and understood that God is always with us and has a plan and purpose for our lives.
Similar, in “Mr. Krueger’s Christmas,” Stewart’s character exhibited a grateful heart — giving thanks for the Lord Jesus Christ’s presence throughout his life.
Making it Personal
Remember, Jesus came for every one of us.
For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son (John 3:16).
Jesus came to live among His creation and to show us what it means to sacrificially love and serve others. And then He willingly went to the cross and gave His life to pay for our sins so one day we can enter into the presence of God in Heaven.
In the first coming of Jesus, God sent His Son into our world (John 3:16). But the verse doesn’t stop there. The verse tells that in order to have eternal life one must believe on Jesus. That means to believe in one’s heart and confess with one’s mouth to receive salvation (Rom 10:9-10).
Chances are if you are reading this, you belong to Jesus. But what about your friends, family, neighbors, business associates, etc?
Everyone needs to know Jesus to receive the eternal life Jesus spoke of in John 3:16.
Commit today to share the love of Jesus and the saving grace He offers to all. Start the New Year off right by being an ambassador of hope to tell everyone about the Lord Jesus Christ.
Remember, Jesus will never leave you (Hebrews 13:5). He’s always with you (Joshua 1:9, Isaiah 41:10, Deuteronomy 31:6, Zephaniah 3:17, Matthew 28:20, Romans 8:38-39). Show your love for Jesus by being ready always to give a reason for the HOPE that you have (1 Peter 3:15). Visit our Salvation Page for verses to share. We’ve had many people visit the page and then email us that they prayed the prayer of repentance of sin and faith in Jesus.
Get equipped. Be encouraged. Be bold.
Share JESUS with a lost and dying world.
Will You Find Rest This Advent Season?
Advent Candle 1 – HOPE: Prophecy Gives Hope
Advent Candle 2 – LOVE: Promise Reveals Love
Advent Candle 3 – JOY: Jesus Is Our Joy
Advent Candle 4 – PEACE: Pause to Find Peace
Christmas-themed GOT QUESTIONS?
- Does “Xmas” Cross Jesus Out of Christmas?
- The Most Important Lesson for YOU in the Nativity Story?
- Misconceptions about the Journey to Bethlehem
- How did the Wise Men know to follow His star?
- What is the significance of the Three Kings' gifts?
- Who were the Three Wise Men? Fact or legend?
- Was Jesus born in a stable, a cave or a house?
- Was Mary a Levite, making Jesus both King and Priest?
- Was Jesus born in September (not December?)
- Should we celebrate Jesus’ birthday in September?
- How did Jesus become a man?
- A Boastful Christmas Letter
- Peace Delivers Hope
- Promise Ignites Hope
- Preparation Produces Hope
- Prophesy Reveals Hope
- Alone at Christmas? Feeling lonely?
- Another reason God came to dwell with man.
- How can you have a white Christmas without snow?
- Christmas, abortion and Joseph, the forgotten man of Christmas
- Remember the Wonder of Christmas
- Will you find rest, peace and joy this advent season?
- A Christmas Morning Prayer by Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894)
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store