When Herod the king heard this, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born. So they said to him, “In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet: ‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, Are not the least among the rulers of Judah; For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel.'” (Matthew 2:3-6)
There in Bethlehem, just as the prophet so wrote, was born the Christ. Not only was King Herod troubled, so also was all Jerusalem. Such a little baby created such fear in the hearts of men. Who was this child who would rule? We know that in the little town of Bethlehem was born our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
I would ask you to note of the words of a beautiful Christmas song, words that describe this Blessed Hope. A song of hope about the One who was born “The Rose Of Bethlehem.” Watch the video and hear the words that are a most fitting tribute to our King . . .
What beautiful words. They cause us to pause, in wonder and awe, of the precious gift that God sent to this evil, sinful world on a night so long ago. Surely this Child can be described as the “Rose of Bethlehem.” Surely He bears a “beauty quite divine.” From the “manger’s crib” comes to each of us “a fragrance much like hope.” He was born to die, a “blossom . . . fresh with youth,” yet knowing what will be. . . “a tear of morning dew is rolling down the Rose.”
For you and I . . . O blessed be the “Rose of Bethlehem,” so “lovely, pure, and sweet.” O what God has done for us!
“Does He not deserve our greatest love, our greatest praise, our greatest thanksgiving, and our loving obedience?” Christmas is all about “the Rose.” Christmas is all about Jesus!
In this Christmas season, take time to really hear the words of such wonderful songs of our Savior, of Jesus Christ our Lord, who was “born to glorify the Father,” who was “born to wear the thorns for me” … and for you.
Oh, praise be to His holy name, in this season when we celebrate His birth, and every day throughout the year.
Keep the melodies of Christmas in your heart to remind you of the Reason For The Season.
Please consider supporting Reasons for Hope* Jesus in our ministry outreach of educating and equipping Christians to know Jesus better, love Him more, and be ready to share their faith. For more information, click HERE
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
This book contains sayings that we all use often -- and shares the Scripture from which they originate. The book will equip Christians to recognize sayings that originate in the Bible, so they can respond with, “Who said that?” ...and then share the biblical origin and turn the conversation to one of spiritual importance.
Want to Share the Gospel this Christmas
This book can also serve as a type of “tract” for your non-believing family and friends. As they discover the origins of many common sayings, they'll find the last one most convicting. The book closes with a saying that was popularized in the TV comedy, "Seinfeld."
That means “you know, you know, you know.” The book explains the Hebrew saying and tells that: “God knows [yada] you." Then the most important question is asked, “Do you know [yada] Him?” The question is followed by a gospel message, making this book a simple way to share the gospel with an unsaved, and often uninterested or unwilling-to-listen, friend or family member. Buy "Who Said That?" PRINT books or eBOOKS!
Got Questions? We have Reasons for Hope
A Great Christmas Gift: Buy Reasons Books 1, 2 & 3
Come now, and let us reason together...
All proceeds from products at the store go to support the ministry outreach of Reasons for Hope* Jesus.
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store