- “And when Herod the king heard it, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And gathering together all the chief priests and scribes of the people, he began to inquire of them where the Christ was to be born. And they said to him, ‘In Bethlehem of Judea, for so it has been written by the prophet” (Matthew 2:3-5 – NASB)
There in “Bethlehem,” just as “the prophet” so wrote, was born “the Christ.” King Herod and “all Jerusalem” were “troubled,” but we brethren are not. For we know that in that town of “Bethlehem” was born our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
I would ask you to note of the words of a recent Christmas song, one that has described this Blessed Hope, who was born that first Christmas morn, as “The Rose Of Bethlehem.” Note its words, for they are, I believe, a most fitting tribute to our King . . .
What beautiful words, that cause me to pause and be in wonder of that precious gift that God sent to this evil, sinful world on a night many seasons past. Surely He can be described as the “Rose of Bethlehem.” Surely He bears a “beauty quite divine.” From that “manger’s crib” comes to each of us “a fragrance much like hope.” Born to die, a “blossom . . . fresh with youth,” yet “He knows” what “will be” . . . and such, “a tear of morning dew is rolling down the Rose.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so with melodies in your heart that remind you of “the Reason” for the season.
Please consider supporting Reasons for Hope* Jesus in our ministry outreach of educating and equipping Christians to know Jesus better, love Him more, and be ready to share their faith. For more information, click HERE
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge