- “And when Herod the king heard it, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And gathering together all the chief priests and scribes of the people, he began to inquire of them where the Christ was to be born. And they said to him, ‘In Bethlehem of Judea, for so it has been written by the prophet” (Matthew 2:3-5 – NASB)
There in “Bethlehem,” just as “the prophet” so wrote, was born “the Christ.” King Herod and “all Jerusalem” were “troubled,” but we brethren are not. For we know that in that town of “Bethlehem” was born our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
I would ask you to note of the words of a recent Christmas song, one that has described this Blessed Hope, who was born that first Christmas morn, as “The Rose Of Bethlehem.” Note its words, for they are, I believe, a most fitting tribute to our King . . .
What beautiful words, that cause me to pause and be in wonder of that precious gift that God sent to this evil, sinful world on a night many seasons past. Surely He can be described as the “Rose of Bethlehem.” Surely He bears a “beauty quite divine.” From that “manger’s crib” comes to each of us “a fragrance much like hope.” Born to die, a “blossom . . . fresh with youth,” yet “He knows” what “will be” . . . and such, “a tear of morning dew is rolling down the Rose.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so with melodies in your heart that remind you of “the Reason” for the season.
Please consider supporting Reasons for Hope* Jesus in our ministry outreach of equipping, encouraging, and empowering Christians to know Jesus better, to love Him more, and to be ready to share their faith. CLICK HERE
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR