- “And when Herod the king heard it, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And gathering together all the chief priests and scribes of the people, he began to inquire of them where the Christ was to be born. And they said to him, ‘In Bethlehem of Judea, for so it has been written by the prophet” (Matthew 2:3-5 – NASB)
There in “Bethlehem,” just as “the prophet” so wrote, was born “the Christ.” King Herod and “all Jerusalem” were “troubled,” but we brethren are not. For we know that in that town of “Bethlehem” was born our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
I would ask you to note of the words of a recent Christmas song, one that has described this Blessed Hope, who was born that first Christmas morn, as “The Rose Of Bethlehem.” Note its words, for they are, I believe, a most fitting tribute to our King . . .
What beautiful words, that cause me to pause and be in wonder of that precious gift that God sent to this evil, sinful world on a night many seasons past. Surely He can be described as the “Rose of Bethlehem.” Surely He bears a “beauty quite divine.” From that “manger’s crib” comes to each of us “a fragrance much like hope.” Born to die, a “blossom . . . fresh with youth,” yet “He knows” what “will be” . . . and such, “a tear of morning dew is rolling down the Rose.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so with melodies in your heart that remind you of “the Reason” for the season.
Please consider supporting Reasons for Hope* Jesus in our ministry outreach of educating and equipping Christians to know Jesus better, love Him more, and be ready to share their faith. For more information, click HERE
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store