A Very Special Christmas
What If You Had Been There When Jesus Was Born?
Put yourself at the cradle and consider what your heart feels. Set your eyes on Jesus. Consider what it might have been like if you had been there that first Christmas morning. What might you have said?
The Story Behind the Filming of the Beautiful Nativity Scene in Mr. Krueger’s Christmas
Jimmy Stewart agreed to do the Mr. Krueger’s Christmas (1980) because he believed it would promote the true meaning of Christmas.
Christmas “has come to be connected with Santa Claus, gifts, lights, decorations, trees,” Stewart said. “We may be guilty of forgetting that Christmas is really the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.”
During the filming of the movie, the actor approached one scene with great solemnity. It was the scene of him talking to Jesus. Before the filming of that scene began, he announced, “I’ve got only one of these in me. Everyone who doesn’t need to be here, get them out. Tell them I want this to go well. I can do other takes, but this will be the right one. There will only be one.”
After he finished the scene, [the producer] asked the cameraman, “Did you get it?”
“I hope so,” he replied, “because I was crying.”
Later, after production was finished, [the producer] took the final product to Stewart’s house. He watched the movie with Stewart and his wife Gloria. When it was finished, Gloria left the room in tears.
“So, what do you think?” he asked Stewart.
“Well,” he said after a long pause, “Gloria is my best critic. I guess we did good.” ¹
While “Mr. Krueger’s Christmas” is a great Jimmy Stewart Christmas movie, the actor is best remembered for his portrayal of George Baily in “It’s a Wonderful Life.” In that movie, Stewart’s character went from despair to joyful hope after considering what it might have been like if he had died at a young age. Seeing the impact his life had on family and friends, Stewart’s character George Baily was thankful. He came to understand that God is always with us and has a plan and purpose for our lives.
Similarly, in “Mr. Krueger’s Christmas,” Stewart’s character exhibited a grateful heart. He gives thanks for the Lord Jesus Christ’s presence throughout his life. This clip is just as moving, as meaningful, as joy-filled, and as thankful as the message of George Bailey in “It’s a Wonderful Life.”
Making it Personal
Remember, Jesus came for every one of us.
For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son (John 3:16).
Jesus came to live among His creation and to show us what it means to sacrificially love and serve others. And then He willingly went to the cross and gave His life to pay for our sins so one day we can enter into the presence of God in Heaven.
In the first coming of Jesus, God sent His Son into our world (John 3:16). But the verse doesn’t stop there. The verse tells that in order to have eternal life one must believe on Jesus. That means to believe in one’s heart and confess with one’s mouth to receive salvation (Rom 10:9-10).
Chances are, if you are reading this, that you belong to Jesus. But what about your friends, family, neighbors, business associates, etc?
Everyone needs to know Jesus to receive the eternal life Jesus spoke of in John 3:16.
Commit today to share the love of Jesus and the saving grace He offers to all. Start the New Year off right by being an ambassador of hope to tell everyone about the Lord Jesus Christ.
Remember, Jesus will never leave you (Hebrews 13:5). He’s always with you (Joshua 1:9, Isaiah 41:10, Deuteronomy 31:6, Zephaniah 3:17, Matthew 28:20, Romans 8:38-39). Show your love for Jesus by being ready always to give a reason for the HOPE that you have (1 Peter 3:15). Visit our Salvation Page for verses to share. We’ve had many people visit the page and then email us that they prayed the prayer of repentance of sin and faith in Jesus.
Get equipped. Be encouraged. Be bold.
Share JESUS with a lost and dying world.
The Season of Advent (the 4 weeks before Christmas)
Will You Find Rest This Advent Season?
HOPE Advent Candle 1 – Prophecy Gives Hope (video)
LOVE Advent Candle 2 – Promise Reveals Love (video)
JOY Advent Candle 3 – Jesus Is Our Joy (video)
PEACE Advent Candle 4 – Pause to Find Peace (video)
Christmas Day: When Love Was Born — Light the CHRIST Candle
What is the Prophetic Symbolism of Advent Candles?
Christmas-themed GOT QUESTIONS?
- Misconceptions about the Journey to Bethlehem (video)
- Errors in the Nativity Story? Is Jesus’ birthplace wrong?
- Who were the Three Wise Men? Fact or legend?
- How Did the Wise Men Know to Follow His Star?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 Days After Jesus’ Birth? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the significance of the Three Kings' gifts?
- Was Jesus born in a stable, a cave, or a house?
- Was Jesus born in September (not December?)
- Should we celebrate Jesus’ birthday in September?
- Does “Xmas” Cross Jesus Out of Christmas?
- What is the Prophetic Symbolism of Advent Candles?
- The Most Important Lesson for YOU in the Nativity Story?
- Was Mary a Levite, making Jesus both King and Priest?
- Should Christians Celebrate Christmas?
- How did Jesus become a man?
- Do You Get These 7 Things Right or Wrong About the Nativity Story?
- Are You Stuck in the Middle This Christmas? (short video lessons from the popular comedy TV show "The Middle.")
- What are the Prophecies of Christmas? (video)
- Where are the genealogies of Jesus in Mark and John?
- Why Are There Two Different Genealogies for Jesus?
- Should I Say “Happy Holidays” Instead of “Merry Christmas?”
- A Boastful Christmas Letter
- Peace Delivers Hope
- Promise Ignites Hope
- Preparation Produces Hope
- Prophesy Reveals Hope
- Alone at Christmas? Feeling lonely?
- Another reason God came to dwell with man.
- How can you have a white Christmas without snow?
- Christmas, abortion, and Joseph, the forgotten man of Christmas
- Remember the Wonder of Christmas
- Will you find rest, peace, and joy this advent season?
- A Christmas Morning Prayer by Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, performed by Casting Crowns
- Mary’s Child — from the movie, A Christmas Wish
- The True Meaning of Christmas: The Sacrifice Began (How Many Kings)
- What If You Had Been There When Jesus Was Born? (video)
- Pause To Find Hope. Receive the Promises of God. See Jesus. Hear God’s Plan.
- Christmas Trivia Fun
- Songs of Christmas Series: Away in a Manger; Mary, Did You Know? Rose of Bethlehem; Good Christian Men Rejoice; Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; I Wonder As I Wander; What Child Is This? The First Noel In the Bleak Midwinter (a golden oldie)
Have You Heard About This Baby Boy? A most beautiful rendition of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, with a Christmas message to touch your heart and give joy to your soul.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Thank you to all who contributed in 2020. Your generosity is a blessing and encouragement to us. We did not meet expenses in 2020 and still need your help to continue our global outreach in 2021. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and. . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas