The apostle Peter writes,
- “For Christ also died for our sins once for all, the Just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, and made alive in the spirit” (I Peter 3:18 – NASB)
As we worshipped Sunday morning I became acutely aware of all that Jesus has done for me. The music and its words caused my emotions to well up inside me and I felt the tears come to my eyes. I have sinned so greatly against Him . . . I am so “unjust!” I wondered how anyone so pure and right and holy and good could ever love someone like me.
But the Holy Spirit brings His word to my mind and I am filled with joy in the affirmation that “Christ . . . died for our sins,” and He did it “once for all.” He, “the Just” died “for the unjust” . . . . and brethren, that’s me, “the unjust.” And He did it “in order that He might bring us to God.” Oh the old hymn is so very true . . . . .
- “O how He loves you and me,
- O how He loves you and me,
- He gave His life, what more could He give?
- O how He loves you; Oh how He loves me; O how He loves you and me!”
I could not help but be moved in my spirit, moved to praise Him, to give thanks to Him! I am an emotional person, seemingly more as I grow older, and I was overwhelmed by the knowledge of what Jesus has willingly done so that I, so very “unjust,” might be reconciled to God . . . . Oh how He has loved us!
Does it not stir your spirit also? The “Just for the unjust!” The King of glory dying “for our sins!” I tell you brethren I pray I never cease to recognize where I was and where He has brought me! I pray it never ceases to amaze me, never ceases to cause my emotions to well up within me! I pray I will always be stirred in my spirit to love and adoration of Him who suffered what I deserved to suffer that He “might bring (me) to God.”
O how He has loved us!
Take a minute now and hear the words of this beautiful song. Let them resound in your mind as you walk through your day today. Recall to mind that you the unjust one, have been marvelously redeemed from the penalty due your sin by He who is the Just One . . . the Just for the unjust!
Read more about love:
- A-Z Proof of Love that Never Fades
- What are the 10 Ways We Can Love Like Jesus?
- You Ask Why I Follow This Jesus? -- a short poem
- Because He First Loved Us - 1 John 4:19
- Faith, Hope, and Love — Why is Love the Greatest?
- Testify to Love (VIDEO)
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
- Extravagant Love that Captures our Hearts
- Fun Facts about Love
- Kids Say the Darndest Things (video)
- “The Five Love Languages” by God
- Do You Really Love Him?
- What Do Kids Say About Love?
- What’s Love Got to Do With It?
- What is Love?
- Is the Bible a love letter to me?
- Does God love the lost?
- Extravagant Love
- O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- 24 Reasons “Why I Love America,” by John Wayne (video)
- The Legacy of Love — It’s Not Just For Fathers
- Mother’s Love
- Love Lifted Me
- True Love is Jesus (video)
- Won't You Be Mine (video)
- He Loves Me (video)
- Love One Another (video)
- True Love is Jesus (video)
- How Can I Understand the Love of God?
- Do You Have a Heart for God?
- A Heart for God Revealed in St. Patrick’s Prayer
- My Beloved is Mine and I am His
- Oh, To Love With a Pure Heart
- Love is. . .
- Is All Love Created Equal? CS Lewis Answers
- What Can Love Do? (video)
- What is the Biblical Definition of Love?
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas