The apostle Peter writes,
- “For Christ also died for our sins once for all, the Just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, and made alive in the spirit” (I Peter 3:18 – NASB)
As we worshipped Sunday morning I became acutely aware of all that Jesus has done for me. The music and its words caused my emotions to well up inside me and I felt the tears come to my eyes. I have sinned so greatly against Him . . . I am so “unjust!” I wondered how anyone so pure and right and holy and good could ever love someone like me.
But the Holy Spirit brings His word to my mind and I am filled with joy in the affirmation that “Christ . . . died for our sins,” and He did it “once for all.” He, “the Just” died “for the unjust” . . . . and brethren, that’s me, “the unjust.” And He did it “in order that He might bring us to God.” Oh the old hymn is so very true . . . . .
- “O how He loves you and me,
- O how He loves you and me,
- He gave His life, what more could He give?
- O how He loves you; Oh how He loves me; O how He loves you and me!”
I could not help but be moved in my spirit, moved to praise Him, to give thanks to Him! I am an emotional person, seemingly more as I grow older, and I was overwhelmed by the knowledge of what Jesus has willingly done so that I, so very “unjust,” might be reconciled to God . . . . Oh how He has loved us!
Does it not stir your spirit also? The “Just for the unjust!” The King of glory dying “for our sins!” I tell you brethren I pray I never cease to recognize where I was and where He has brought me! I pray it never ceases to amaze me, never ceases to cause my emotions to well up within me! I pray I will always be stirred in my spirit to love and adoration of Him who suffered what I deserved to suffer that He “might bring (me) to God.”
O how He has loved us!
Take a minute now and hear the words of this beautiful song. Let them resound in your mind as you walk through your day today. Recall to mind that you the unjust one, have been marvelously redeemed from the penalty due your sin by He who is the Just One . . . the Just for the unjust!
Read more about love:
- A-Z Proof of Love that Never Fades
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
- Extravagant Love that Captures our Hearts
- Fun Facts about Love
- Kids Say the Darndest Things (video)
- “The Five Love Languages” by God
- Do You Really Love Him?
- What Do Kids Say About Love?
- What’s Love Got to Do With It?
- What is Love?
- Is the Bible a love letter to me?
- Does God love the lost?
- Extravagant Love
- O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- 24 Reasons “Why I Love America,” by John Wayne (video)
- The Legacy of Love — It’s Not Just For Fathers
- Mother’s Love
- Love Lifted Me
- True Love is Jesus (video)
- Won't You Be Mine (video)
- He Loves Me (video)
- Love One Another (video)
- True Love is Jesus (video)
- How Can I Understand the Love of God?
- Do You Have a Heart for God?
- A Heart for God Revealed in St. Patrick’s Prayer
- My Beloved is Mine and I am His
- Oh, To Love With a Pure Heart
- Love is. . .
- Faith, Hope, and Love — Why is Love the Greatest?
- Is All Love Created Equal? CS Lewis Answers
- What Can Love Do? (video)
- What is the Biblical Definition of Love?
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR