Is Easter really an important day? Isn’t it just like Christmas, becoming more and more commercial? And hasn’t it become more about Easter eggs and candy than about our Passover Lamb?
Before considering the question at hand, “What if we skipped Easter?” let’s consider the importance of the season of Lent, the time preceding Easter Sunday.
WATCH THE VIDEOS BELOW
Remember, Repent, and Return
Lent is the period of 40 days prior to Easter (Sundays are not counted), and it’s a time to remember, repent, return, and find rest (Read more: What is Lent? and 40 Titles of Jesus for 40 Days). It’s a time to prepare our hearts and our minds for the coming celebration of remembering the Lord’s death, burial, and resurrection.
Take a minute and watch this short video:
Another “R” in Lent – Reach Out
While Lent is a time to remember the Lord and all He has done for us, to repent of our sins, and to return to Him, it should also be a time of reaching out to those in need of forgiveness of their sins and salvation for their souls.
If you are not actively sharing your faith, there is no better time to start than during this season of Lent.
So, “What If We Skipped Easter?”
Of course, we can remember, repent, return and reach in any season of the year and on any day of the year. However, the season of Lent and the day of Easter are very special. Lent is the most significant season, and Easter is the most significant day, on the Christian calendar. Lent surpasses Advent and Easter outshines Christmas. While Christmas is the time when God sent His Son to be born of a woman, Easter is the time when God gave His Son to die for the sins of the world.
Isa 9:6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given…
Yes, Advent and Christmas day bring opportunities to remember God’s great gift to us—Jesus. But even more so, the time we call Lent when we remember the Lord’s life, and our celebration of Easter when Jesus rose from the grave defeating sin and death, are the greatest times of rejoicing for Christians.
Who Needs Easter?
Every person alive needs Easter. We all need to find our rest in Jesus and we do so by looking to the resurrection. Yes, Jesus died, and paid for our sins, but had He not risen we would have no hope. Because He died, we die also. Because He lives, we can live. Easter is the greatest day because it commemorates the greatest event in the history of the world—the event that opened the way to eternal life in Christ to all who will repent and believe.
Celebrate Easter As It Should Be Celebrated
Make Easter a day of renewed motivation. Repent and return to a closer relationship with the One who gave His life so we can live. Recommit this season to be willing to serve Jesus as He has called us to do: “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. (Mat 28:19-20)
Share the Gospel of Saving Grace with Someone Today!
Tell someone who doesn’t know Jesus how they can be born again (John 3:3-8) and walk in newness of life (Ro 6:4-5). This Easter just might mark their resurrection day too!
Honor Jesus by sharing His love with others — during Lent, during Holy Week, on Easter Sunday…and on every day of the year.
- What is Lent? Should I Give Up Something? (video)
- Lent: 40 Titles for 40 Days (download our "40 Titles" for Lenten devotions)
- This Time Called Lent (video)
- Prepare for Lent (video)
- How Should You Observe Lent? article
- How Should You Observe Lent? (video)
About Holy Week
- Why Was a Ram Sacrificed in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
Blessed is the King -- A Palm Sunday video
- Hosanna -- Palm Sunday (Jesus Wept) (video)
- Walking with Jesus – Tested by the Chief Priests and Elders
- What is Maundy Thursday? The Basin & The Towel
- Maundy Thursday until Easter Sunday (video)
- What’s your Judas experience? The Pain of Betrayal
- What Do We Know about Judas? This Might Surprise You.
- Was Jesus crucified on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday?
- Thursday Crucifixion? Do these two reasons “nail” it?
- Why do we call it good [Friday]?
- Were you there when they crucified my Lord?
- How is Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the Crimson Worm? A Remez In Psalm 22?
- Who do you need to reconcile with today?
- Who Killed Jesus?
- Since Jesus was the Passover LAMB, Why Didn't God Provide a Lamb in Genesis 22?
- Did Pilate Proclaim Jesus to be God?
- Was Jesus Forsaken by His Father?
- The centurion's song from the foot of the cross: “Surely This Was a Righteous Man”
- Sadness and Despair: The Darkest Days of All Time
- Journey to the Cross: Maundy Thursday and Good Friday
- The Days of Darkness
- Obituary of Jesus: Body Stolen or Risen? What do you say?
About Easter and Resurrection Life
- Because He Lives, I Can Face Tomorrow (video)
- Christ the Lord is Risen Today, Alleluia (video)
- A Place in the Sun (Son) (video)
- You'll Never Walk Alone (video)
- How to Close Your Eyes and Really SEE Jesus!
- Open Your Eyes to The Full Gospel
- Are you glad to see Jesus?
- Ponder the Prophecies of Jesus’ Mission (video and downloadable file)
- What If We Skipped Easter This Year?
- He’s back….and it changed everything!
- The Lord is Risen Indeed! Hallelujah!
- Because He Rose: The resurrection changed everything! (video)
- What’s the Meaning of the Folded Napkin in the tomb?
- Keep Easter Alive in Your Heart: He Came Back (video)
- The Only Soul-Saver, Sin-Forgiver, Chain-Breaker, Pain-Taker, Way-Maker, Hope-Giver: Jesus
- Keep Looking Up
- Praise God, He’s Alive
- Christian Internet Forwards? The Rest of “The Birdcage” Story?(video)
- Ways to Glorify God - Bookmark
Watch NOW...You will be blessed.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering
YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and. . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. Subscribe to our newsletter and we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
Top Ten in 2019
- What is the meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- What is the meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR