The Bible claims to be inspired and that means that the words are God’s words, given to man. There are many lines of evidence to support the divine origin of the Bible. Consider the following:
- Manuscripts: No other ancient document comes anywhere close to the Bible in terms of the number and accuracy of surviving copies and they authenticate the accuracy of the Bible through the ages.
- History: Archaeology has repeatedly verified the biblical record. Over the centuries archeological digs have validated peoples, places, and events recorded in the Bible and archaeology continues to unearth finds that offer additional validation of the Bible’s accuracy.
- Authorship: The men who wrote the Bible were known as men of integrity. They were pious Jews, persons of authority, and ones who suffered for the things they wrote. There is no reason to believe that they recorded false accounts of their experiences. Jesus Christ also testified that the Bible comes from God (see Matt. 24:35 and John 10:35, among others).
- Prophecy: There are numerous prophecies of future events recorded in the Bible. A single false prophecy would be enough to refute the Bible’s claim to divine origin; instead, so many have been fulfilled that it supports our certainty that prophecies of events yet-to-happen will one day be fulfilled.
- Power: Since the beginning of time, God has spoken to His people and changed their lives. And with the Bible available worldwide, for centuries we have witnessed the amazing power of the written word to change people’s lives, even to the point of impacting history.
No other book has shaped individuals—and world events—like the Holy Bible the Creator and Sustainer of all things (Gen 1:1, Col 1:17).
No other book has offered absolute truths like the Bible, written by the Absolute Truth Giver (John 17:17).
No other book gives hope like the Bible, the Word of God who is our Redeemer, our Saviour, and our true Hope (John 1:1, Gal 4:4-5, Titus 2:13)
All of these facts support the Bible having a divine (rather than human) origin.
About the Bible
- Which Bible Translation is Best?
- What is the Best Bible to Read?
- Is the Bible Still Accurate?
- Bible Versions or Translations?
- Has God Preserved His Word? (video)
- Does Mark 16:9-20 Belong in the Bible?
- What Are The Two Manuscript Lines From Which We Get Our New Testament?
- What makes the Bible so unique?
- Which Old Testament Book Did Jesus Quote Most Often?
- What is the Most Popular Book in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- Super Bowl – Bible Quiz – Game
- The Bible: Truth
- The Bible: A History Book?
- See Jesus on every page of the Bible!
- Is the Bible a Love Letter to Me?
- Where should I start reading the Bible?
- A better answer than 2 Timothy 3:16 for the Bible being God’s Word?
- The Everlasting Word Of God
- God At Word In Us
- God’s Words Of Wisdom
- The Oracles Of God
- How Can We Be Certain the Bible was Inspired by God?
- What are the Mysteries in the Bible?
- How Did the Gospel Writers Remember all the Words Jesus Spoke?
- How Can We be Certain the New Testament is True and Accurate?
***For in-depth answers to some of the most challenging Bible questions, Visit
Christian apologists Alex McFarland and Shari Abbott answer some of life's many questions concerning the gospel, faith, and the Bible by sharing Truth for a New Generation and Reasons for Hope found only in Jesus. For more information about apologist, evangelist, author, and religion and culture analyst, Alex McFarland, visit www.alexmcfarland.com. For more information about Shari Abbott, executive director of Reasons for Hope* Jesus, click here.
Truth for a New Generation (TNG) serves nationwide, featuring a multi-year conference tour and student-led club program to equip teenagers, parents, grandparents, and others who lead them to live for God. TNG's mission is to creatively communicate a compelling Christian worldview to the next generation by giving answers to tough questions, based on the truths of Scripture, and to build up the Body of Christ to stand strong and boldly proclaim the gospel in the world. For more information and resources visit www.truthforanewgeneration.com.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED