The Bible claims to be inspired and that means that the words are God’s words, given to man. There are many lines of evidence to support the divine origin of the Bible. Consider the following:
- Manuscripts: No other ancient document comes anywhere close to the Bible in terms of the number and accuracy of surviving copies and they authenticate the accuracy of the Bible through the ages.
- History: Archaeology has repeatedly verified the biblical record. Over the centuries archeological digs have validated peoples, places, and events recorded in the Bible and archaeology continues to unearth finds that offer additional validation of the Bible’s accuracy.
- Authorship: The men who wrote the Bible were known as men of integrity. They were pious Jews, persons of authority, and ones who suffered for the things they wrote. There is no reason to believe that they recorded false accounts of their experiences. Jesus Christ also testified that the Bible comes from God (see Matt. 24:35 and John 10:35, among others).
- Prophecy: There are numerous prophecies of future events recorded in the Bible. A single false prophecy would be enough to refute the Bible’s claim to divine origin; instead, so many have been fulfilled that it supports our certainty that prophecies of events yet-to-happen will one day be fulfilled.
- Power: Since the beginning of time, God has spoken to His people and changed their lives. And with the Bible available worldwide, for centuries we have witnessed the amazing power of the written word to change people’s lives, even to the point of impacting history.
No other book has shaped individuals—and world events—like the Holy Bible the Creator and Sustainer of all things (Gen 1:1, Col 1:17).
No other book has offered absolute truths like the Bible, written by the Absolute Truth Giver (John 17:17).
No other book gives hope like the Bible, the Word of God who is our Redeemer, our Saviour, and our true Hope (John 1:1, Gal 4:4-5, Titus 2:13)
All of these facts support the Bible having a divine (rather than human) origin.
About the Bible
- Which Bible Translation is Best?
- What makes the Bible so unique?
- Which Old Testament Book Did Jesus Quote Most Often?
- What is the Most Popular Book in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- Super Bowl – Bible Quiz – Game
- The Bible: Truth
- The Bible: A History Book?
- Does Mark 16:9-20 Belong in the Bible?
- See Jesus on every page of the Bible!
- Is the Bible still accurate?
- Is the Bible a Love Letter to Me?
- Where should I start reading the Bible?
- What would be the best Bible to read?
- A better answer than 2 Timothy 3:16 for the Bible being God’s Word?
- The Everlasting Word Of God
- God At Word In Us
- God’s Words Of Wisdom
- The Oracles Of God
- Bible Versions or Translations?
- How Can We Be Certain the Bible was Inspired by God?
About "Ask Alex Online:" Christian apologists Alex McFarland and Shari Abbott answer some of life's many questions concerning the gospel, faith, and the Bible by sharing Truth for a New Generation and Reasons for Hope found only in Jesus. For more information about apologist, evangelist, author, and religion and culture analyst, Alex McFarland, visit www.alexmcfarland.com. For more information about Shari Abbott, executive director of Reasons for Hope* Jesus, click here.
About Truth for a New Generation Conferences: Truth for a New Generation (TNG) serves nationwide, featuring a multi-year conference tour and student-led club program to equip teenagers, parents, grandparents, and others who lead them to live for God. TNG's mission is to creatively communicate a compelling Christian worldview to the next generation by giving answers to tough questions, based on the truths of Scripture, and to build up the Body of Christ to stand strong and boldly proclaim the gospel in the world. For more information and resources visit www.truthforanewgeneration.com.
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store