From the prophet Isaiah’s writings we read,
“The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.” (Isaiah 40:8 – NASB)
“The word of our God” . . . something we do not take lightly but hold in the highest regard. The author of Hebrews writes in regards to the progression of this “word,”
“God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son . . .” (Hebrews 1:1-2 – NASB)
And now, in our “days . . . God” speaks “to us” through His written Word,
“All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable . . .” (II Timothy 3:16 – NASB)
“All Scripture,” the word “Scripture” being the Greek word graphe, meaning “writings.
Though man has chosen to rebel against His Creator, to sin against Him, God has not stopped speaking to His creation. He has intervened in a sinful world to tell us that there is way by which we can be saved from the penalty due our rebellion. He has “spoken” in times past through “the fathers” and “the prophets” and then through “His Son” and now, through His Holy “Scriptures.”
Throughout all of this history, “the grass” continues to “wither” and “the flower” continues to “fade, but the word of our God,” it “stands forever.”
May we who know this great truth continue to seek Him through His “word.” May we be a people who are faithful to be in HIs “word” and of His “word,” and set apart by His “word.” And may we be eternally grateful that He has chosen not to keep silent.
Have a good day. . . and may I encourage you to be diligent to be in the Word of God, growing in the knowledge of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIEDon Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
CanJEWSgo toHEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAMSay on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge