From the prophet Isaiah’s writings we read,
“The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.” (Isaiah 40:8 – NASB)
“The word of our God” . . . something we do not take lightly but hold in the highest regard. The author of Hebrews writes in regards to the progression of this “word,”
“God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son . . .” (Hebrews 1:1-2 – NASB)
And now, in our “days . . . God” speaks “to us” through His written Word,
“All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable . . .” (II Timothy 3:16 – NASB)
“All Scripture,” the word “Scripture” being the Greek word graphe, meaning “writings.
Though man has chosen to rebel against His Creator, to sin against Him, God has not stopped speaking to His creation. He has intervened in a sinful world to tell us that there is way by which we can be saved from the penalty due our rebellion. He has “spoken” in times past through “the fathers” and “the prophets” and then through “His Son” and now, through His Holy “Scriptures.”
Throughout all of this history, “the grass” continues to “wither” and “the flower” continues to “fade, but the word of our God,” it “stands forever.”
May we who know this great truth continue to seek Him through His “word.” May we be a people who are faithful to be in HIs “word” and of His “word,” and set apart by His “word.” And may we be eternally grateful that He has chosen not to keep silent.
Have a good day. . . and may I encourage you to be diligent to be in the Word of God, growing in the knowledge of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.