The author of Hebrews shares with us some wonderful words,
- “Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:14-16 – NKJV)
Many a time I have laced my prayers with these words: “Father . . . I come to your throne of grace.” As I say these words I am always humbled by this amazing truth, that me, a sinner deserving of wrath, can “come” into the presence of Him I have trespassed so greatly against. Does it not also amaze you?
God has surely done something you and I could never, ever, do. As Paul stated in his letter to the churches in Asia Minor,
- “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved) (Ephesians 2:4-5 – NKJV)
A people “dead in trespasses” can, because of His “mercy,” because of “His great love with which He loved us,” because of His “grace,” can now “come boldly to the throne of grace.” May I never lose sight of this privilege that “Christ” has made possible for me.
As He hung on that cross of wood Jesus cried out, “It is finished.” And when He had completed the work that made it possible for God to reconcile sinners to Himself (cf. Colossians 1:19-20), that curtain in the temple was split in half . . . from the top down to the bottom. And “the throne of grace” was made accessible to the redeemed.
I’ve often said in my prayers, “Father, the road to your throne of grace is paved with the blood of Jesus,” precious blood of One who “was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.”
Am I not made aware, as I ponder these divine things, that He who said, “I am the way . . .” made “the way . . . to the throne of grace?”
I struggle with coming to this “throne . . . boldly,” for I realize my sin so very, very much. But I must remember, and be confident in the One who has made this possible and always re-call to mind that my “boldness” is anchored in Him as I “come.”
Thank You Father for all you’ve done for us in “Christ,” and thank You that You have made it so possible to “come boldly to” Your “throne of grace.” May we never cease to praise You for this . . . may we be a people in awe . . .
From this one who is unworthy, this blessing is almost more than I can fathom!
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
Can JEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge