We don’t know what Billy Graham might say to his family and closest friends who gather to celebrate his 99th Birthday. But we can certainly guess.
No one has told more people, “God loves you,” than Billy Graham. He has touched the hearts and souls of people worldwide with the love of God and the truth of saving grace in Jesus Christ.
We can be certain that on his birthday, and every day, he would say, all glory goes to Jesus. And, he would tell everyone that he has been an instrument in the Redeemer’s hands to tell others about who Jesus is, His great love, and the redemption that is found only in Him.
Happy Birthday Billy Graham
Billy Graham was born on November 7th, 1918 so this year he celebrates 99 years of life. We want to take a minute to remember his great service to the Lord and thank God for using him in such a powerful way.
We considered writing about all the great accomplishments of Billy Graham’s ministry but then we wondered, what might please Billy Graham? It wouldn’t be another article about his life’s work. Billy Graham’s focus was not on his work. It was always on God’s work.
So today, we’ll share some thoughts about Jesus, the One about whom Billy Graham always spoke and wrote. Jesus’ name is the only name by which man can be saved (Acts 4:12) and He is to be celebrated above all earthly celebrations.
“My father always wants the focus to be on the Lord Jesus Christ, and not on him; and so we will point to the amazing ways God has worked in lives around the world, through the ministry of Billy Graham.” — Franklin Graham
In honor of Billy Graham’s 99th birthday, we share 99 names, or titles, for Jesus. Every Christian should know these and take time to reflect upon them.
99 Names That Tell Who Jesus Is
- Advocate – 1 John 2:1
- Almighty – Revelation 1:8
- Alpha and Omega – Revelation 1:8, 11; 22:13
- Amen – Revelation 3:14
- Anchor of Our Souls – Hebrews 6:19
- Anointed One – Acts 10:38
- Apostle – Hebrews 3:1
- Atoning Sacrifice for our Sins – 1 John 2:2
- Author and Finisher of our Faith – Hebrews 12:2
- Beginning and End – Revelation 1:8, 22:13
- Bishop of Souls – 1 Peter 2:25
- Bread of Life – John 6:35, 48
- Bridegroom – Matthew 9:15
- Captain of Salvation – Hebrews 2:10
- Carpenter – Mark 6:3
- Chief Shepherd – 1 Peter 5:4
- Christ – Matthew 1:16
- Consolation of Israel – Luke 2:25
- Cornerstone – Ephesians 2:20; 1 Peter 2:6
- Creator – John 1:1-3, Col 1:15-17
- Dayspring – Luke 1:78
- Day Star – 2 Peter 1:19
- Deliverer – Romans 11:26
- Door – John 10:9
- Emmanuel – Matthew 1:23
- Faithful and True – Revelation 19:11
- Faithful and True Witness – Revelation 3:14
- First and the Last – Revelation 1:11
- First Fruits – 1 Corinthians 15:20, 23
- Friend of Publicans (sinners)- Matthew 11:19; Luke 7:34
- God – John 1:1
- Glory of God – Revelation 21:23
- Good Shepherd – John 10:11, 14
- Governor – Matthew 2:6
- Great Shepherd – Hebrews 13:20
- Guide – Luke 1:79
- Head of the Body (the Church) – Colossians 1:18
- Helper – Hebrews 13:6
- High Priest – Hebrews 3:1
- Holy One of God – Mark 1:24; Acts 3:14
- Hope – Romans 15:13; Titus 2:13
- Horn of Salvation – Luke 1:69
- I Am – John 8:58
- Judge – Acts 10:42
- Just – Acts 3:14
- King of Israel – Matthew 27:42
- King of Kings – 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16
- King Eternal — 1 Timothy 1:17
- King of Saints – Revelation 15:3
- Lamb of God – John 1:29
- Last Adam – 1 Corinthians 15:45
- Life – John 11:25
- Light of the World – John 8:12, 9:5
- Lion of the Tribe of Judah – Revelation 5:5
- Lord God Almighty — Revelation 15:3
- Lord of Lords – 1 Timothy 6:15, Revelation 19:16
- Lord from Heaven – 1 Corinthians 15:47
- Master – Matthew 23:8, John 1:38
- Mediator – 1 Timothy 2:5
- Messiah – John 1:41
- Minister (Servant)– Mark 10:45
- Morning Star – Revelation 22:16
- Nazarene – Matthew 2:23
- The One – Matt 11:3
- Passover Lamb – 1 Corinthians 5:7
- Physician – Matthew 9:12
- Potentate – 1 Timothy 6:15
- Priest – Hebrews 4:15
- Prince of Life – Acts 3:15
- Prophet – Acts 3:22
- Propitiation – 1 John 2:2
- Rabbi – John 1:38, 49
- Redeemer – Galatians 3:13; Titus 2:14
- Ransom – 1 Timothy 2:6
- Resurrection – John 11:25
- Rock – 1 Corinthians 10:4
- Root of David – Revelation 5:5, 22:16
- Sacrifice – Ephesians 5:2
- Saviour – Luke 1:47
- Second Man (Second Adam) – 1 Corinthians 15:47
- Seed of Abraham – Galatians 3:16
- Seed of David – 2 Timothy 2:8
- Shepherd – 1 Peter 2:25
- Son of David – Matthew 15:22
- Son of God – Matthew 4:3; Luke 1:35; John 1:49
- Son of Joseph – John 1:45
- Son of Man – Matthew 18:11
- Son of Mary – Mark 6:3
- Son of the Highest – Luke 1:32
- Stone – Matthew 21:42, Acts 4:11
- True Vine – John 15:1
- Truth – John 14:6
- Way – John 14:6
- Word – John 1:1
Our last five come from the Old Testament prophecy of Jesus’ birth in Isaiah 9:6. These five names reveal the beauty of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Mighty God
- The Everlasting Father
- The Prince of Peace.
Hymnist John Morison (1781) summed it up well when he penned,
“His Name shall be the Prince of Peace,
the Wonderful, the Counselor,
the great and mighty Lord.”
Jesus commissioned all of us to go and preach the gospel and to make disciples of all nations. Billy Graham was a good example of a life dedicated to fulfilling Jesus’ commission. We are to be Jesus’ hands, His feet, and His mouth. Speak the name of Jesus, the name above all names (Phil 2:9), the only name by which man can be saved (Acts 4:12).
Happy 99th Birthday, Billy Graham
Thank you, God, for Billy Graham.
May we all commit our hearts to serving Jesus by telling others that they are loved by the God who gave them life on this earth and that He desires to give them eternal life in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Thank you to all who contributed in 2020. Your generosity is a blessing and encouragement to us. We did not meet expenses in 2020 and still need your help to continue our global outreach in 2021. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and. . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas