We don’t know what Billy Graham might say to his family and closest friends who gather to celebrate his 99th Birthday. But we can certainly guess.
No one has told more people, “God loves you,” than Billy Graham. He has touched the hearts and souls of people worldwide with the love of God and the truth of saving grace in Jesus Christ.
We can be certain that on his birthday, and every day, he would say, all glory goes to Jesus. And, he would tell everyone that he has been an instrument in the Redeemer’s hands to tell others about who Jesus is, His great love, and the redemption that is found only in Him.
Happy Birthday Billy Graham
Billy Graham was born on November 7th, 1918 so this year he celebrates 99 years of life. We want to take a minute to remember his great service to the Lord and thank God for using him in such a powerful way.
We considered writing about all the great accomplishments of Billy Graham’s ministry but then we wondered, what might please Billy Graham? It wouldn’t be another article about his life’s work. Billy Graham’s focus was not on his work. It was always on God’s work.
So today, we’ll share some thoughts about Jesus, the One about whom Billy Graham always spoke and wrote. Jesus’ name is the only name by which man can be saved (Acts 4:12) and He is to be celebrated above all earthly celebrations.
“My father always wants the focus to be on the Lord Jesus Christ, and not on him; and so we will point to the amazing ways God has worked in lives around the world, through the ministry of Billy Graham.” — Franklin Graham
In honor of Billy Graham’s 99th birthday, we share 99 names, or titles, for Jesus. Every Christian should know these and take time to reflect upon them.
99 Names That Tell Who Jesus Is
- Advocate – 1 John 2:1
- Almighty – Revelation 1:8
- Alpha and Omega – Revelation 1:8, 11; 22:13
- Amen – Revelation 3:14
- Anchor of Our Souls – Hebrews 6:19
- Anointed One – Acts 10:38
- Apostle – Hebrews 3:1
- Atoning Sacrifice for our Sins – 1 John 2:2
- Author and Finisher of our Faith – Hebrews 12:2
- Beginning and End – Revelation 1:8, 22:13
- Bishop of Souls – 1 Peter 2:25
- Bread of Life – John 6:35, 48
- Bridegroom – Matthew 9:15
- Captain of Salvation – Hebrews 2:10
- Carpenter – Mark 6:3
- Chief Shepherd – 1 Peter 5:4
- Christ – Matthew 1:16
- Consolation of Israel – Luke 2:25
- Cornerstone – Ephesians 2:20; 1 Peter 2:6
- Creator – John 1:1-3, Col 1:15-17
- Dayspring – Luke 1:78
- Day Star – 2 Peter 1:19
- Deliverer – Romans 11:26
- Door – John 10:9
- Emmanuel – Matthew 1:23
- Faithful and True – Revelation 19:11
- Faithful and True Witness – Revelation 3:14
- First and the Last – Revelation 1:11
- First Fruits – 1 Corinthians 15:20, 23
- Friend of Publicans (sinners)- Matthew 11:19; Luke 7:34
- God – John 1:1
- Glory of God – Revelation 21:23
- Good Shepherd – John 10:11, 14
- Governor – Matthew 2:6
- Great Shepherd – Hebrews 13:20
- Guide – Luke 1:79
- Head of the Body (the Church) – Colossians 1:18
- Helper – Hebrews 13:6
- High Priest – Hebrews 3:1
- Holy One of God – Mark 1:24; Acts 3:14
- Hope – Romans 15:13; Titus 2:13
- Horn of Salvation – Luke 1:69
- I Am – John 8:58
- Judge – Acts 10:42
- Just – Acts 3:14
- King of Israel – Matthew 27:42
- King of Kings – 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16
- King Eternal — 1 Timothy 1:17
- King of Saints – Revelation 15:3
- Lamb of God – John 1:29
- Last Adam – 1 Corinthians 15:45
- Life – John 11:25
- Light of the World – John 8:12, 9:5
- Lion of the Tribe of Judah – Revelation 5:5
- Lord God Almighty — Revelation 15:3
- Lord of Lords – 1 Timothy 6:15, Revelation 19:16
- Lord from Heaven – 1 Corinthians 15:47
- Master – Matthew 23:8, John 1:38
- Mediator – 1 Timothy 2:5
- Messiah – John 1:41
- Minister (Servant)– Mark 10:45
- Morning Star – Revelation 22:16
- Nazarene – Matthew 2:23
- The One – Matt 11:3
- Passover Lamb – 1 Corinthians 5:7
- Physician – Matthew 9:12
- Potentate – 1 Timothy 6:15
- Priest – Hebrews 4:15
- Prince of Life – Acts 3:15
- Prophet – Acts 3:22
- Propitiation – 1 John 2:2
- Rabbi – John 1:38, 49
- Redeemer – Galatians 3:13; Titus 2:14
- Ransom – 1 Timothy 2:6
- Resurrection – John 11:25
- Rock – 1 Corinthians 10:4
- Root of David – Revelation 5:5, 22:16
- Sacrifice – Ephesians 5:2
- Saviour – Luke 1:47
- Second Man (Second Adam) – 1 Corinthians 15:47
- Seed of Abraham – Galatians 3:16
- Seed of David – 2 Timothy 2:8
- Shepherd – 1 Peter 2:25
- Son of David – Matthew 15:22
- Son of God – Matthew 4:3; Luke 1:35; John 1:49
- Son of Joseph – John 1:45
- Son of Man – Matthew 18:11
- Son of Mary – Mark 6:3
- Son of the Highest – Luke 1:32
- Stone – Matthew 21:42, Acts 4:11
- True Vine – John 15:1
- Truth – John 14:6
- Way – John 14:6
- Word – John 1:1
Our last five come from the Old Testament prophecy of Jesus’ birth in Isaiah 9:6. These five names reveal the beauty of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Mighty God
- The Everlasting Father
- The Prince of Peace.
Hymnist John Morison (1781) summed it up well when he penned,
“His Name shall be the Prince of Peace,
the Wonderful, the Counselor,
the great and mighty Lord.”
Jesus commissioned all of us to go and preach the gospel and to make disciples of all nations. Billy Graham was a good example of a life dedicated to fulfilling Jesus’ commission. We are to be Jesus’ hands, His feet, and His mouth. Speak the name of Jesus, the name above all names (Phil 2:9), the only name by which man can be saved (Acts 4:12).
Happy 99th Birthday, Billy Graham
Thank you, God, for Billy Graham.
May we all commit our hearts to serving Jesus by telling others that they are loved by the God who gave them life on this earth and that He desires to give them eternal life in the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store