So, how is your year going? (That’s not our important question. Please read on.)
As the winter and spring months draw to a close, everyone would agree that the sunshine and warm weather of summer is greatly welcomed. You’re probably already preparing for the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer, but we urge you to take a minute to reflect on what is past so you can enter into summer with a fresh new perspective.
January through May
Some will consider the work of their hands. Others their financial gains or losses. Some will think about a growing family. Still, others think of a shrinking family. Some will reflect on improving health and increasing strength, while others sadly experience declining health or even sickness or terminal disease.
Whatever your circumstances, we urge you to look forward with hope and joy, with confidence in God and trust in Jesus. In all things, we are to give thanks to our God. He is in control over everything and He has a purpose and plan for anything that happens in our lives. We know He uses everything to build us up, even those things that trouble or afflict us.
Catch Your Breath
(The important question is coming. Please read on.)
Today, we ask you to slow down, pause, and take inventory of your life. Determine to direct your path in the months to come. How you “set” your mind will influence every minute of every day from June until December. You are making memories. What will they be? (No, that’s not our important question either. Please read on.)
Setting your mind is about re-“focusing” your eyes of Christ (or deliberately maintaining your focus if you’ve been diligent about that). As I wrote in my first book, Why the Butterfly ~ A Book About Rightly Remembering, we should always remember that:
“Our lives move in the direction of our most dominant thoughts”
Where your thoughts go, your eyes and your heart will follow. It’s also said, where your eyes go, your thoughts will follow. That’s also true, but it’s much more possible for us to control our thoughts than it is to control our eyes. We live in a very visually stimulating world, much of which is ungodly. We often see such things without intention or because we were unable to avoid them and we must turn our eyes away. We are even more able to control the direction of our thoughts. With the power of the Holy Spirit, we are able to take “every thought captive to the obedience of Christ” (2 Cor 10:5) and the primary way in which we do that is by renewing our minds in God’s Word and restoring our souls in communion with God (prayer).
Summer is Here
So as May draws to a close and the “door” of summer opens, ask yourself, “what will summer be like? Will it be a time of rest, relaxation, restoration, refreshment, and renewal?” We encourage you to make time for God. Certainly, have fun this summer, but always make time to grow in your knowledge of God and His Word and to deepen and strengthen your relationship with Him.
So now for our important question for you. It’s not about the past. It’s about the future.
What Books Will You Be Reading This Summer?
It’s probably not surprising that we have 66 suggestions! for you! Of course, we are speaking of the Books of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. It’s always fun to have a good book for summer reading, but always make time for the Lord’s 66 good books.
Perhaps you are thinking, where do I start???
To help you select your summer reading, we offer you an overview, outline, charts, and short videos on each of the 66 books. These resources will give you a general understanding of what each book is about. Read and watch, then choose one, two, three, or many for your summer reading.
A great way idea for summer reading that will help you better understand the message of the Bible is to begin by reading the overviews and outlines, reviewing the charts, and watching the videos, for EVERY book in the Bible. Review all 66! This will give you an understanding of the metanarrative* of the Bible. (*metanarrative — that’s a big word that simply means an overarching account or interpretation of events and circumstances that provide a pattern or structure for people’s beliefs and gives meaning to their experiences.)
For Additional Summer Reading…
Catch up on Got Questions? articles that you might have missed. Here’s a list of all the Got Questions? since the beginning of 2018.
What are the “I Will ” Statements of Satan, God, and Jesus?
Did John the Baptist Doubt?
Is God Fulfilling All Things? The Parable of the Fig Tree (Matt 24) and Israel’s 70th Birthday
What Will Heaven Be Like? And, What’s Missing in Heaven?
How Many Other People in the Bible Were Resurrected from Death?
Was Jesus Crucified on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
What’s the Crimson (or Scarlet) Worm? A Remez In Psalm 22?
Is Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” a Christian Song?
Who Am I? Am I Really Made in the Image of God?
Is There a Remez in Psalm 23? Are Names of God in the Psalm?
What Should Christians Think About Facebook?
What is the Prophetic Meaning of the Ensigns of the Camps of Israel?
What’s the Amazing Remez in the Book of Numbers?
Where Is Mount Sinai?
In Case You Missed It: Top Ten “Got Questions?” from 2017
Renew your mind in the knowledge of God’s Word and receive His wisdom. Enjoy your summer and KEEP LOOKING UP, lift up your head, for our redemption draws nigh (Luke 21:28).
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas