Our Scripture for the day comes from the gospel of John,
- “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you. By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.” (John 15:7-8 – NASB)
If we abide (“remain”) in Christ, and if His “words abide (“remain”) in” us . . . if this condition exists, our requests will be in accordance with God’s will. We will “ask whatever” we “wish,” and “whatever” we “wish” will be as Christ, through His Word, would instruct us. Remember, Jesus always abided in the Father, and always sought to do the Father’s will (John 4:34; 6:38; 8:29; etc.).
If this condition exists, we are “in” Him and His “words” are “in” us, then we will also “bear much fruit,” and the “Father” will be “glorified” and we will “so prove to be” Christ’s “disciples.”
So, the question, “What kind of fruit” will we “bear.” Some say this “fruit” pertains to those who are saved by God through the witnessing of the gospel by the saints. I would surely agree with that. When we witness for Christ and a soul comes to Him by the power of God’s Word, that is indeed “fruit.” But that is not the only “fruit.”
When we “walk by the Spirit” (Galatians 5:16), when we are “led by the Spirit” (Galatians 5:18), then the “fruit of the Spirit” becomes evident in our lives . . . the image of Christ is manifested. And how is this “fruit” described? Some of it is specified in Galatians, chapter five:
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23 – NASB)
If we are “abiding in” Christ, and if His “words” are “abiding in” us, this also is some of the “fruit” we will “bear.” These characteristics will be evident in our lives, characteristics that indicate we are being conformed to the image of Christ (Romans 8:29).
I guess what we need to ask ourselves is, “Are we abiding in Christ? Are we abiding in His Word? And such, is the fruit of the Spirit that which marks our character as we abide in Him and His Word?” Good to ask the question and good to do a personal check to determine what kind of “fruit” we are “bearing.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so by the Spirit, led by Him, bearing the fruit of the Spirit and thus being more and more like Christ.
Please consider supporting Reasons for Hope* Jesus in our ministry outreach of educating and equipping Christians to know Jesus better, love Him more, and be ready to share their faith. For more information, click HERE
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store