Note this Scripture text from Luke,
- “Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat; but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail” (Luke 22:31 – NASB)
Jesus, headed toward His arrest and subsequent crucifixion, tells Simon Peter that he is not going to be able to stand firm in the midst of it all (Luke 22:34). But prior to telling him this Jesus says something very important to His disciple. He tells him that He has interceded for him in prayer because “Satan had demanded permission to sift (him) like wheat.” The point I would have us take away from this is that Jesus our Lord and Savior, intercedes for those who are His.
- “who is the one that condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us” (Romans 8:34 – NASB)
- “For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us.” (Hebrews 9:24 – NASB)
Dr. Henry Morris writes, “One of the most glorious truths of the Christian life is that the Lord Jesus Christ, who died for our sins and rose for our justification, now lives to intercede for us before God.” Intercession by our Lord . . . “for us” . . . what a wonderful and comforting Scriptural truth.
Probably no where in Scripture is this intercession more clearly defined than when we read John, chapter 17. Here is the greatest Bible example of intercessory prayer by our Lord. In this entire chapter Jesus is praying for those who were with Him and who believed on Him and also for those who would believe on Him later. To the Father He prayed,
- “Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word” (John 17:20 – KJV)
That’s us brethren! This intercessory prayer of John 17 includes us! We who believe on Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior are the “them.” And as our other texts from Romans and Hebrews confirm to us, Jesus our Lord and Savior continues to “intercede for us . . . in the presence of God.”
One thing we can be sure of . . . . that when the Son intercedes on our behalf the Father will grant His requests.
Oh thank you Lord that you are at “the right hand of God” and that You love us and, in the midst of our frailty, when we fail You and we sin, You intercede for us with the Father . . . You truly are our great Intercessor!
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk rejoice that in heaven, in the very presence of God, you have One who prays for you, One who intercedes for you.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR