As the praise song so states, let us so do . . . “Let’s just praise the Lord, praise the Lord; Let’s just lift our hearts toward heaven and praise the Lord.” Such a very wonderful way to start every new day, with praise to the One who is our Lord and Savior.
Sin, is it not a weighty thing? Worldly entanglements, also of a weighty nature, would you not agree? There are many, many things that inhibit our forward progress in the Christian life, in our very own Christian walk. Taking this into consideration, note what the author of Hebrews says for us to do,
- “. . . let us also lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the sham, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him . . .” (Hebrews 12:1b-3a – NASB)
This passage of Scripture follows a chapter that speaks of a “great cloud of witnesses” (Hebrews 1a). After reading of these “witnesses,” being instructed regarding their wants and desires, the author tells us, that just like them we should “lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.”
You ever feel “entangled” by certain “sins?” Do you know that they tend to weigh you down, keeping you from accomplishing what God intends for you to accomplish; keeping you from becoming more like Christ?
Well make a concentrated effort to “run with endurance the race that is set before” you. You are in a contested foot-race in this life, seeking to reach spiritual maturity. But it always seems that you are bothered by “encumbrances” and “sin.” These stunt your spiritual growth, inhibit it, cause you to stumble and if not checked, they will turn your “run” into a walk, maybe even a stall.
Brethren, be encouraged to “run” with your “eyes” fixed “on Jesus.” Be encouraged to “lay aside every encumbrance,” to “lay aside . . . the sin” that “so easily entangles” you, and “run . . . run . . . run!” Know the will of God for your life and run “the race” to achieve what He would have you achieve . . . . to be conformed to the image of His Son (Romans 8:28-29).
Have a good day . . . and instead of getting caught up in the everyday rat-race of this world, get caught up in that race which God has for each one of us, the race that is run for the purpose of fulfilling the will of God in your life.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas