As the praise song so states, let us so do . . . “Let’s just praise the Lord, praise the Lord; Let’s just lift our hearts toward heaven and praise the Lord.” Such a very wonderful way to start every new day, with praise to the One who is our Lord and Savior.
Sin, is it not a weighty thing? Worldly entanglements, also of a weighty nature, would you not agree? There are many, many things that inhibit our forward progress in the Christian life, in our very own Christian walk. Taking this into consideration, note what the author of Hebrews says for us to do,
- “. . . let us also lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the sham, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him . . .” (Hebrews 12:1b-3a – NASB)
This passage of Scripture follows a chapter that speaks of a “great cloud of witnesses” (Hebrews 1a). After reading of these “witnesses,” being instructed regarding their wants and desires, the author tells us, that just like them we should “lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.”
You ever feel “entangled” by certain “sins?” Do you know that they tend to weigh you down, keeping you from accomplishing what God intends for you to accomplish; keeping you from becoming more like Christ?
Well make a concentrated effort to “run with endurance the race that is set before” you. You are in a contested foot-race in this life, seeking to reach spiritual maturity. But it always seems that you are bothered by “encumbrances” and “sin.” These stunt your spiritual growth, inhibit it, cause you to stumble and if not checked, they will turn your “run” into a walk, maybe even a stall.
Brethren, be encouraged to “run” with your “eyes” fixed “on Jesus.” Be encouraged to “lay aside every encumbrance,” to “lay aside . . . the sin” that “so easily entangles” you, and “run . . . run . . . run!” Know the will of God for your life and run “the race” to achieve what He would have you achieve . . . . to be conformed to the image of His Son (Romans 8:28-29).
Have a good day . . . and instead of getting caught up in the everyday rat-race of this world, get caught up in that race which God has for each one of us, the race that is run for the purpose of fulfilling the will of God in your life.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge