As the praise song states so may we all agree,
- “O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth.”
. . . for our Father is pleased with such.
From Psalm 119 we read,
- “How blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the LORD.” (Psalm 119:1 – NASB)
The frequent saying is, “It’s not about me.” And of course, it really is not about us but about Him, about Christ the Lord. He is the One deserving our attention, our allegiance, our love, our service. He is the One deserving of all the honor and glory and praise. He is the One we follow, the ideal model by which we seek to mold and shaper our lives after, the ideal example. It really is all about Him!
But, in our trek to be more like Him the Bible is not silent as to how we can be blessed. The question, “How can I be blessed?” is not one that is inappropriate for the disciple of Jesus to ask. In fact, He would have us ask “how” and He would have us know “how.” It just needs to be asked with the right heart perspective, one that always desires that Christ has first place in all we do, in all we say, in all we think.
So, how can I be blessed? The Scripture says that,
- “How blessed are those whose way is blameless”
We are “blessed” when the “way” we take, the “way” we go about doing what we do, thinking what we think, saying what we say “is blameless.” This word “way” means “a road (as trodden); fig., a course of life or mode of action” (Strong). The word “blameless” speaks of “morally straight; integrity, truth; undefiled, upright” (Strong).
When one’s “mode of action,” one’s “course of life” that they are following is “undefiled, upright, morally straight,” they are blessed.
The psalmist then gives us the key to that source by which we can make our “way . . . blameless,” by walking,
- “. . . in the law of the LORD”
A “way” is made “blameless” by being ordered according to “the law of the LORD.” And thus, a “blameless . . . walk” that is according to “the law of the LORD” brings blessing!
The word “law” here is the much used Hebrew word torah. It literally means, “instruction.” God gives divine “instruction” through His Word and when we set our “course of life, of action” to be lived by His “law” we will “walk” in an “undefiled” manner, in a “morally straight” manner . . . and we will be “blessed.”
- “How blessed are those whose (course of action) is (morally straight, upright), who (order their behavior) in (the instruction) of the LORD.”
How “blessed” indeed!
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk let the Scriptures assure your heart as to how it is that you can be blessed of God.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas