The psalmist writes,
- “Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting” (Psalm 106:1 – NASB)
Yes, God, our God, “He is good.” This verse reminds me of the song that Steve Green sings, “He Is Good.”
- “He is good, He is good, His love endures forever, give thanks to the Lord for He is good.
- He is good, He is good, His love endures forever, give thanks to the Lord for He is good.
- For His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds,
- Give thank, give thanks to the Lord.”
Psalm 107 says,
- “Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting” (Psalm 107:1)
Yes, we give “praise” to our God, we give “thanks” to our God, for “He is good.”
Our English word “good” is defined as, “morally excellent, virtuous, righteous; of high quality; excellent; honorable or worthy; not spoiled or tainted.” Though mere words, do they not appropriately describe our God?
Ah yes! All these can be attributed to our God! For “He is good!” And His “lovingkindness” gives evidence of this divine goodness. “He is good!”
- “the voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the voice of those who say, ‘Give thanks to the LORD of hosts, for the LORD is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting . . .” (Jeremiah 33:11)
Even the weeping prophet Jeremiah penned that God “is good,” reiterating the very words of the psalmist, that “He is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting.”
When the glory of the Lord filled the temple the priests and Levitical singers, with instruments of music, lifted their voices and sang,
- “He is good for His lovingkindness is everlasting” (II Chronicles 11-13)
Many a siren voice speaks brazenly of our God, using His name in vain, cursing, using His name as the main emphasis of their decadent behavior. Many a person speaks of God as heavy-handed and judgmental and condemning and caring little about people or their problems and conditions. But brethren, we who are of the Word, we know better. We know that,
- “He is good . . .”
And nowhere is that goodness more evident than in the gospel of His Son. And from Him, Christ, who is the very substance of this gospel, from Him who we know to be “the truth,” from Him comes this divine declaration,
- “No one is good but One, that is God” (Luke 18:19)
Our God . . . “He is good,” and there is really only “one (who) is good . . . God.”
Have a good day. . . and as you walk think of God’s goodness and set your face to declare His goodness, noting as you can to those around you that God is good!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR