The psalmist writes,
- “Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting” (Psalm 106:1 – NASB)
Yes, God, our God, “He is good.” This verse reminds me of the song that Steve Green sings, “He Is Good.”
- “He is good, He is good, His love endures forever, give thanks to the Lord for He is good.
- He is good, He is good, His love endures forever, give thanks to the Lord for He is good.
- For His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds,
- Give thank, give thanks to the Lord.”
Psalm 107 says,
- “Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting” (Psalm 107:1)
Yes, we give “praise” to our God, we give “thanks” to our God, for “He is good.”
Our English word “good” is defined as, “morally excellent, virtuous, righteous; of high quality; excellent; honorable or worthy; not spoiled or tainted.” Though mere words, do they not appropriately describe our God?
Ah yes! All these can be attributed to our God! For “He is good!” And His “lovingkindness” gives evidence of this divine goodness. “He is good!”
- “the voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the voice of those who say, ‘Give thanks to the LORD of hosts, for the LORD is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting . . .” (Jeremiah 33:11)
Even the weeping prophet Jeremiah penned that God “is good,” reiterating the very words of the psalmist, that “He is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting.”
When the glory of the Lord filled the temple the priests and Levitical singers, with instruments of music, lifted their voices and sang,
- “He is good for His lovingkindness is everlasting” (II Chronicles 11-13)
Many a siren voice speaks brazenly of our God, using His name in vain, cursing, using His name as the main emphasis of their decadent behavior. Many a person speaks of God as heavy-handed and judgmental and condemning and caring little about people or their problems and conditions. But brethren, we who are of the Word, we know better. We know that,
- “He is good . . .”
And nowhere is that goodness more evident than in the gospel of His Son. And from Him, Christ, who is the very substance of this gospel, from Him who we know to be “the truth,” from Him comes this divine declaration,
- “No one is good but One, that is God” (Luke 18:19)
Our God . . . “He is good,” and there is really only “one (who) is good . . . God.”
Have a good day. . . and as you walk think of God’s goodness and set your face to declare His goodness, noting as you can to those around you that God is good!
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas