The psalmist writes,
- “Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting” (Psalm 106:1 – NASB)
Yes, God, our God, “He is good.” This verse reminds me of the song that Steve Green sings, “He Is Good.”
- “He is good, He is good, His love endures forever, give thanks to the Lord for He is good.
- He is good, He is good, His love endures forever, give thanks to the Lord for He is good.
- For His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds,
- Give thank, give thanks to the Lord.”
Psalm 107 says,
- “Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting” (Psalm 107:1)
Yes, we give “praise” to our God, we give “thanks” to our God, for “He is good.”
Our English word “good” is defined as, “morally excellent, virtuous, righteous; of high quality; excellent; honorable or worthy; not spoiled or tainted.” Though mere words, do they not appropriately describe our God?
Ah yes! All these can be attributed to our God! For “He is good!” And His “lovingkindness” gives evidence of this divine goodness. “He is good!”
- “the voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the voice of those who say, ‘Give thanks to the LORD of hosts, for the LORD is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting . . .” (Jeremiah 33:11)
Even the weeping prophet Jeremiah penned that God “is good,” reiterating the very words of the psalmist, that “He is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting.”
When the glory of the Lord filled the temple the priests and Levitical singers, with instruments of music, lifted their voices and sang,
- “He is good for His lovingkindness is everlasting” (II Chronicles 11-13)
Many a siren voice speaks brazenly of our God, using His name in vain, cursing, using His name as the main emphasis of their decadent behavior. Many a person speaks of God as heavy-handed and judgmental and condemning and caring little about people or their problems and conditions. But brethren, we who are of the Word, we know better. We know that,
- “He is good . . .”
And nowhere is that goodness more evident than in the gospel of His Son. And from Him, Christ, who is the very substance of this gospel, from Him who we know to be “the truth,” from Him comes this divine declaration,
- “No one is good but One, that is God” (Luke 18:19)
Our God . . . “He is good,” and there is really only “one (who) is good . . . God.”
Have a good day. . . and as you walk think of God’s goodness and set your face to declare His goodness, noting as you can to those around you that God is good!
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge