Daily Bread Devotions by Chuck Myer Daily Bread Archive | Sign up for our resources
And what a way to go about the day, with a word from our Lord to take in and think upon,
- “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.” (II Corinthians 13:14 – NKJV)
The Trinity. The triune God . . . one God, yet three distinct Persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is not a doctrine that is talked about much but yet an essential teaching of the Christian faith. Each Person of the Trinity has His own distinct relation to mankind and each is fully and eternally God.
In our text we can see all Three ministering to us through “grace” and “love” and sweet “communion.” Paul ends his second letter to the Corinthians with this great truth.
Within our Christian life the Triune God ministers to us. In salvation They are all spoken of together,
- “. . . the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God . . .” (Hebrews 9:14 – KJV)
Then, in our regeneration,
- “And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, ‘Abba Father.'” (Galatians 4:6 – KJV)
Then, in our public act of baptism,
- ” . . . in the name of the Father, and the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” (Matthew 28:19 – KJV)
In considering our access to God we read of the Three in One,
- “For through Him (Christ) we both have access by one Spirit to the Father” (Ephesians 2:18 – NKJV)
The Trinity . . . Our God, Three in One! From Genesis to the Revelation the work of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit is clearly taught. It is a difficult doctrine to fully wrap our minds around, yet the truth of it is presented in Holy Scripture. Not three gods, but one God in three distinct Persons . . . “Amen!”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas