As we raise to the fresh new day let us do so as a people of hope. Yes, we who are in Christ, who walk according to His Word, are a people of hope; the hope of His coming, the hope of the coming of the Kingdom of God, the hope of new bodies, bodies that will no longer be subject to sin and pain and deterioration . . . the new day. ahhhhhhh . . . . . it is filled with hope!
The prophet Isaiah wrote these words as God spoke through Him,
- “Remember this, and be assured . . . For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things which have not been done . . . My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all My good pleasure . . . Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass. I have planned it, surely I will do it” (Isaiah 46:8-11 – NASB)
To the nation of Israel, to us in this very day, God calls us to remembrance and to assurance that He is God “and there is no other.” “There is no one like” Him, He who “declares the end from the beginning.” He already knows the “end,” He has been “declaring . . . from ancient times things which have not been done,” for He is sovereign. His “purpose will be established” and He “will accomplish all (His) good pleasure.” According to His very word that He has “spoken” He “will bring it to pass,” for He has “planned it” and “surely (He) will do it!” Brethren, as God speaks to us through His Word, know that He is in control!
Have you read the book of Isaiah, the gospel of the Old Testament? It is rich with the proclamations of our God, our sovereign God. As our nation and the world sink deeper into wickedness, into sin; as we see our government and its leaders become more and more corrupt, putting their stamp of approval on that which God defines as unrighteousness; as nations jockey for power and prestige and conflicts arise, tensions mounting as there are rumors of wars and of world-wide catastrophes . . . . certainly one can tend to become unsettled in the midst of all of this. But don’t sweat it . . . God is in control! That is what He would have us to remember, that is what He would have us be assured of, that is what He confirms to us through His Word.
The words, “In God We Trust,” are minted on our coins and printed on our paper currency. They have come to mean little to the common man, being words that most attribute to days gone by, for our nation does not really trust in Him. But we who are Bible believing Christians, we trust in Him! And we know, or should know, that He is “God, and there is no one like (Him).” That He is sovereign over all things and that by His providential hand (not by luck) His “purpose will be established,” He will “accomplish all (His) good pleasure.” We know because He has “spoken” it and thus, He “will bring it to pass . . . the end from the beginning . . . from ancient times things which have not been done.” Yes, “(He) will do it!”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so as one who is not unsure but rather as one who is sure . . . . sure that our God is in control.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas