Does it really matter how I live this life God has given me? That is a question the Lord speaks expressly to,
- “Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? May it never be! . . . Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.” (I Corinthians 6:15, 19-20 – NASB)
The matter of how a believer walked, how they conducted themselves, was of utmost importance to the apostle Paul as he penned his letters to the various churches. To the church at Corinth he had much to say about this matter and as one reads the two letters to this body of believers you can see why. They were having big problems in how they behaved, how they lived their lives, how they ordered their behavior. If we ask the question, “Does my walk matter?” the answer is a resounding, “Yes! It really does matter!”
We are to live our lives in accordance with the understanding that our “bodies are members of Christ.” We are appendages of Him, body parts of His that He makes use of in this lost and dying world in which we currently live. The Corinthian believers had obviously forgotten this and we should be warned that sometimes we also are guilty of doing the same thing. It is good to be reminded who we are, who we belong to, and what that means regarding our daily walk.
We are “members of Christ.” Our bodies are “a temple of the Holy Spirit.” We are “not (our) own.” We “have been bought with a price.” Understanding all of this is meant to have a direct bearing on the way we walk. Understanding all of this not only answers the question regarding whether it matters how we walk, but also, how we are to go about that walk. We are to “glorify God in (our) body.”
The Holy Spirit drives the point home! “Do you not know?” We say in response, “Yes, we know.” Okay, if you know it . . . . .
- “Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” (I Corinthians 10:31 – NASB)
Again, in his letter to the believers at Corinth, Paul instructs them in regards to their walk, to “eat” and “drink” and do “whatever (they) do . . . to the glory of God.” We who are disciples of Christ are to “glorify God in (our) body,” we are to do all we do “to the glory of God.” The believers at Corinth needed reminding of this, and as is so very often the case, we also need it brought to our remembrance.
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk recall to mind who it is you belong to and how that is to affect your walk, and know that your behavior really does matter.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas