There is in our nation, in this world, a destructive denial. It is the denial of biblical truth regarding ourselves, and it is extremely destructive when we deny that,
- “as it is written, ‘There is none righteous, not even one; There is none who seeks for God; All have turned aside . . . There is none who does good, there is not even one . . . Their feet are swift to shed blood, destruction and misery are in their paths . . . There is no fear of God before their eyes.” (Romans 3:10-18 – NASB)
Have you noted . . .
- The student takes up a gun, goes to a college campus and shoots innocent bystanders, then takes his own life.
- The high-school teen picks up a gun, goes to the school and randomly kills his fellow classmates, then turns his weapon on himself and ends his life.
- The man develops a plan to murder his wife, then takes her to a certain location and pushes her off a cliff.
- A man decides that he will slug his wife and knock her out, even though there are security cameras all around him.
- Another man decides he will go on a killing spree, he will abduct young girls, he will then torture them, doing things to them that, when such deeds are discovered, the response is one repulsion and horror. And the beat goes on and on . . . .
Last night I happened to catch a commercial of an upcoming crime program, one that has been highly acclaimed and is watched by millions. Constant reruns of this program speak to its popularity. Just within the limited content of the commercial it depicted an individual carrying out a hideous crime against a specific person, binding his victim and spouting all kinds of devious ideas to that victim as to how he was going to end his life. The visual came across very poignantly, stirring ones emotions if perhaps a person was prone to take notice of it . . .
. . . . and that’s just the point, many do take notice of it and they wrap their minds around it and they react to it in many different ways. Some are repulsed and they reject the program and its content, while others are intrigued and they tune in to the full story and yes, they watch, and in many the seeds are planted to consider possibly carrying out a like-crime, to duplicate it, to be like the evil character they are watching, not being repulsed like some but instead aligning themselves with the criminal mind and its perverted behavior. Desiring to copy, or many times, expand on the criminal act, this person or persons is now influenced by what we classify as entertainment to fulfill a curious longing within themselves to do that which is destructive to him and to others.
The destructive denial in all of this is that we live in a culture, a society that denies the biblical concept of man, that he is sinful and depraved and such capable of the most hideous behavior. We attempt to cure society’s ills with humanistic means, removing from our thinking the truth that,
- “. . . out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. All these things proceed from within and defile the man.” (The words of Christ – Mark 7:21-23 – NASB)
We as a society constantly hear, “Mankind is good! He/she has good intentions! Children are good!” We hear, “Well, they’re really a good person. They intended to do what was right. They really meant well. They really have a good heart. Something or somebody must have caused those people to do bad things! Certainly no one would think of actually doing such things!” Then we hear in reaction to evil deeds, “I just can’t understand why anybody would do such a thing! What would possess a person to do such a thing?”
- “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23 – NASB)
Denial of truths conveyed to man by God in His Word regarding mankind lead a people, a nation, a society to ruin, to destruction. It is a cold hard fact that we as a nation have removed these truths from our hearing . . . and such, unless we repent ant turn back to them and have our understanding changed from what is currently accepted, we are a people that will be totally incapable of properly dealing with the evil actions of men that plague our society. We will be incapable of dealing with the evil heart of man that carries out destructive deeds.
Have a good day . . . and as you walk I would strongly encourage you to maintain a strong biblical perspective in evaluating the very culture we live and move around in.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge