From Romans, chapter one, we read,
- “Therefore God gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves . . . For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality . . .” (Romans 1:24, 26-29 – NKJV)
An aggressive agenda! If you are not aware of it already, and you would have to be living somewhere where there is no media to not be aware, the so-called “Gay community” is aggressively pushing their agenda at every turn. This week I have been particularly aware of it as I have watched the news and other programming. For instance,
- The Arizona law that the governor finally vetoed . . . a law that was blatantly lied about in the media to push the Gay agenda’s side of the matter. Gay activists were out in droves, and with media assistance, their distorted view was promoted.
- After watching the noon news yesterday the programming that followed, Days Of Our Lives, had, at the very front end of the show, two guys joyously announcing that they are getting married. The response of the one they told this to was moved by this overwhelming show of favorable emotion. I couldn’t change the channel fast enough!
- I was reminded by news programming on several occasions of a couple, a Christian couple, who owned a bakery and were approached by two homosexual males and asked to make a cake for their so-called wedding. The couple who owned the bakery responded that because of their Christian beliefs they would not do this . . . and trouble ensued. This was a somewhat older legal case which was brought to the forefront again by the happenings in Arizona. I believe the matter went to the Supreme Court and the ruling came out in favor of the two homosexual men. (NOTE: You have to ask here, “Why didn’t the two men just go somewhere else for their cake?” The answer . . . “There is an aggressive agenda.”)
- The annual St. Patrick’s Day parade, that takes place on the east coast (not sure what city – maybe New York?) is being pushed by pro-gay groups to allow gays to march in the parade. The pressure is on! Either the mayor or governor has threatened to not show for the event if gays are not allowed to be a part of it. Evidently the organizers of this parade have dealt with this matter previously and been cleared by the courts to exclude homosexuals if they so desired. Will that stand? (NOTE: To be noted is the pressures that the pro-gay movement is bringing to bear on politicians and our entire political and legal systems.)
I could go on regarding the reach of all of this . . . Ellen DeGeneres, Modern Family, Glee . . . . and stuck between the pages of other media print and TV and radio programming the favorable promotion of the homosexual lifestyle . . . it is, as I’ve noted, a most aggressive agenda.
I noted to my wife the other day that if you take a close look at the record of the events that took place in Sodom in chapter 19 of Genesis you will note a very aggressive behavior by the homosexual residents of the city . . . very aggressive! I noted that it is interesting how this particular sin seems to promote this aggressive behavior. There is a striking similarity to the then and the now.
I am no “homophobe.” What I am is one who believes in the truth of God’s Word and it states that homosexuality is sin (Leviticus 18:22; I Corinthians 6:9-10; etc., etc.). It is a sin to be shunned not embraced, and the merits of it are that those who practice it “shall not inherit the kingdom of God” (I Corinthians 6:10).
What is happening in this nation of ours is similar to what took place in Sodom. And this pro-gay attitude, so readily promoted by the media and Hollywood and so-called social elites, is being pushed vigorously into our lives with a great fervor. I can’t help but marvel at its broad promotion.
Brethren, as I’ve noted before, this sin of homosexuality is not a sin that calls for judgment . . . it is judgment: “God gave them up to vile passions . . .” As man turns away from God and His Word he “suppresses the truth in unrighteousness” (Romans 1:18) and the fruit of this is that “God (gives” them up to vile passions.” And as they embrace this godless behavior eventually they reap “the penalty of their error which (is) due.”
An aggressive agenda must not catch us with our guard down. We must remain true to God and His Word and always be willing to speak His truth and be found to be faithful followers of Christ in an ever-degenerating culture. It is not hate we promote but instead a loving warning . . . “Repent and turn to Christ before it is everlastingly too late.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk be careful to observe the times and let the word of Christ richly dwell within you with all wisdom (Colossians 3:16), so that you are not seduced by the lies of the times in which you and I live.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas