From the book of Ephesians we read,
- “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ” (Ephesians 1:3 – NASB)
Positional truth . . . we, by God’s doing, are “in Christ.” When a person is saved by God, they are placed in a “union with Christ.”
Our current position, as believers, is “in Christ.” God has actually,
- “raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6 – NASB)
As one writer has said, “All that He has is ours, all that is His is ours, all the resources He has, we have; because we are ‘in Christ’ we are rich!”
“In Christ” is where there is worth, for we are nothing in and of ourselves. If you doubt that then stop and consider yourself without Him. What makes us significant is our position “in Christ. Our position determines our value.
It is a thrilling thing for every believer to think upon, what God has done for us “in Christ.” Men strive daily in this world to achieve success, to gain honor and prestige, to gain a position of high regard. Yet in the end this achievement, this position will pass away, it does not provide what will last. When we repent and turn from our sin of unbelief and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, on who He is and what He has done, we are saved and we gain a position, a seat of honor, and “every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places” is ours . . . and this position, “in Christ,” is eternal.
What a position! What a truth! What a God!
And what is our response? Dr. Henry Morris writes, “This exalted position provides us with the incentive and power to live a practical Christian life that is genuinely consistent with our high calling and position in Him.” So the exhortation,
- “As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him” (Colossians 2:6 – NASB)
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk take time to consider all that God has done for you in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas