From the book of Ephesians we read,
- “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ” (Ephesians 1:3 – NASB)
Positional truth . . . we, by God’s doing, are “in Christ.” When a person is saved by God, they are placed in a “union with Christ.”
Our current position, as believers, is “in Christ.” God has actually,
- “raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6 – NASB)
As one writer has said, “All that He has is ours, all that is His is ours, all the resources He has, we have; because we are ‘in Christ’ we are rich!”
“In Christ” is where there is worth, for we are nothing in and of ourselves. If you doubt that then stop and consider yourself without Him. What makes us significant is our position “in Christ. Our position determines our value.
It is a thrilling thing for every believer to think upon, what God has done for us “in Christ.” Men strive daily in this world to achieve success, to gain honor and prestige, to gain a position of high regard. Yet in the end this achievement, this position will pass away, it does not provide what will last. When we repent and turn from our sin of unbelief and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, on who He is and what He has done, we are saved and we gain a position, a seat of honor, and “every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places” is ours . . . and this position, “in Christ,” is eternal.
What a position! What a truth! What a God!
And what is our response? Dr. Henry Morris writes, “This exalted position provides us with the incentive and power to live a practical Christian life that is genuinely consistent with our high calling and position in Him.” So the exhortation,
- “As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him” (Colossians 2:6 – NASB)
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk take time to consider all that God has done for you in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR