- “I am . . . the truth” (John 14:6 – NASB)
He was saying that He, the One who claimed to be the Messiah, the great I AM, the Lord, that He was “the truth.” I believe I’m saying it right when I say that within the sphere of who He was and what He spoke was “truth.” If one were to go looking for “the truth” they should come to Him, for He embodied it, He, being “the truth,” gave “truth” a concrete form. He actually comprised “truth.”
Jesus wanted those who believed in Him to be sanctified in “the truth,”
- “Sanctify them in the truth; Thy word is truth.” (John 17:17 – NASB)
Jesus prayed to the Father that of those who had believed in Him and would believe in Him needed to be set apart “in the truth.” What “truth” would that be? It would be “the truth” of Him and His “word” as so conveyed by Him and, that would later be spoken and written down by those He sent out as apostles.
The apostles wanted it known that if one wanted to find “the truth,” they should be able to find it in believers who make up the body of Christ, the church, for Paul wrote,
- “. . . the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.” (I Timothy 3:15 – NASB)
In “the church,” Christ’s body of believers, in this “household . . . of the living God,” here is “the truth,” for “the church” is “the pillar and support of it. And this “truth” that “the church” is a “pillar” of, that “the church . . . supports” is the “word of truth,” a “truth” regarding He who is “the truth” and all that He has had to say to man.
To add to this, the apostle Paul said that it was necessary that regarding this “word of truth,” this “word” that “the church” is “the pillar and support of,” that it must be taken very seriously and such, handled accurately (II Timothy 2:15). And one can understand the why of this, for if it is “truth” then it is imperative it not be subject to distortion, that it not be corrupted.
I looked up the word “truth” in the dictionary. It defines the word as, “the actual state of a matter; fact; reality; verity; indisputable fact.” Zodhiates writes of the Greek word that it “denotes the reality clearly lying before our eyes as opposite to a mere appearance without reality.”
TRUTH . . . it is “reality! This “reality” is Jesus! This “reality” is as Jesus spoke it, as He lived it. This “reality” is what He would have those who are His set apart in. This “reality” can be found in God’s “word.” This “reality” should be found in “the church,” for “the church . . . supports” it, holds it up so to say, that it may be made known, declared to the world.
TRUTH . . . as is in Jesus, as is in His word, as is to be in the church, it must be kept, it must be guarded, it must not be allowed to be tainted or spoiled by the hand of man . . . and we, who are in Christ, we who have been entrusted with this TRUTH, we must be the ones in our day that see to it that this responsibility for being the “pillar and support of the truth” is fulfilled.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge