- “Remove the false way from me, and graciously grant me Thy law . . . Thy law is truth.” (Psalm 119:29, 142 – NASB)
“Truth!” A most important matter, would you not agree? In days past, in the days in which you and I live, “truth” matters! “Truth” is essential for man if he is to be able to function properly with his fellow-man, with his Creator.
We know don’t we, that we don’t always get the “truth.” Often we find out that someone has lied to us, having told us something as if it were true only to find out that it really is not. In our society people are often caught in lies, caught not telling the “truth.”
The psalmist cries out for God to “remove the false way from me.” He then says, “graciously grant me Thy law.” Why “Thy law?” Because he writes, “Thy law is truth.”
Throughout Psalm 119 God’s Word is called “truth.”
- “And do not take the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for I wait for Thine ordinances” (Psalm 119:43 – NASB)
- “Thou art near, O LORD, and all Thy commandments are truth” (Psalm 119:151 – NASB)
- “The sum of Thy word is truth, and every one of Thy righteous ordinances is everlasting” (Psalm 119:160 – NASB)
“The sum of Thy word is truth” . . . Ah yes! Here is “truth,” it is in “Thy word.” So many in the world talking about “truth,” claiming to be seeking the “truth,” and yet here it is, contained in the pages of a book we call the Bible. The “truth,” faithfully delivered to us by writers who were led along by God the Holy Spirit (cf. II Peter 1:19-21).
Our Lord prayed to the Father that you and I, we who profess Him as Lord and Savior, might be set apart “in the truth,” and then He proclaimed, “Thy word is truth” (John 17:17).
The world searches vainly for truth, doing so supposedly with great sincerity, but in their searching they come up empty . . . Why? Because they, in their great folly, choose “a false way” and they choose to set aside the Bible, they choose to set aside the “truth.”
Such should not be the case for you and I brethren, for we know where “truth” can be found, don’t we? By the very word of Christ Himself, it is found in God’s “word” which “is truth.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so allowing the truth of God’s Word to direct your steps.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR