- “Remove the false way from me, and graciously grant me Thy law . . . Thy law is truth.” (Psalm 119:29, 142 – NASB)
“Truth!” A most important matter, would you not agree? In days past, in the days in which you and I live, “truth” matters! “Truth” is essential for man if he is to be able to function properly with his fellow-man, with his Creator.
We know don’t we, that we don’t always get the “truth.” Often we find out that someone has lied to us, having told us something as if it were true only to find out that it really is not. In our society people are often caught in lies, caught not telling the “truth.”
The psalmist cries out for God to “remove the false way from me.” He then says, “graciously grant me Thy law.” Why “Thy law?” Because he writes, “Thy law is truth.”
Throughout Psalm 119 God’s Word is called “truth.”
- “And do not take the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for I wait for Thine ordinances” (Psalm 119:43 – NASB)
- “Thou art near, O LORD, and all Thy commandments are truth” (Psalm 119:151 – NASB)
- “The sum of Thy word is truth, and every one of Thy righteous ordinances is everlasting” (Psalm 119:160 – NASB)
“The sum of Thy word is truth” . . . Ah yes! Here is “truth,” it is in “Thy word.” So many in the world talking about “truth,” claiming to be seeking the “truth,” and yet here it is, contained in the pages of a book we call the Bible. The “truth,” faithfully delivered to us by writers who were led along by God the Holy Spirit (cf. II Peter 1:19-21).
Our Lord prayed to the Father that you and I, we who profess Him as Lord and Savior, might be set apart “in the truth,” and then He proclaimed, “Thy word is truth” (John 17:17).
The world searches vainly for truth, doing so supposedly with great sincerity, but in their searching they come up empty . . . Why? Because they, in their great folly, choose “a false way” and they choose to set aside the Bible, they choose to set aside the “truth.”
Such should not be the case for you and I brethren, for we know where “truth” can be found, don’t we? By the very word of Christ Himself, it is found in God’s “word” which “is truth.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so allowing the truth of God’s Word to direct your steps.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas