- “I will extol Thee, my God, O King . . . And I will praise They name forever and ever. Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised”(Psalm 145:1-3 – NASB)
For He has certainly done great things for us, greater than we could ever fully imagine.
I write of wisdom and knowledge a great deal. I do so because to have them, to have wisdom and knowledge, to have understanding, these are the resources needed to live an abundant life. Note how the dictionary defines these three words,
- WISDOM – “The quality or state of . . . discernment, or insight”
- KNOWLEDGE – “Acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles”
- UNDERSTANDING – “To perceive the meaning of, to comprehend”
To be able to discern what is right from what is wrong, truth from error, good from evil, to have the proper insight into these things . . . to know the facts, essential truths, the right principles regarding life, to be able to perceive such things and comprehend them . . . surely having wisdom and knowledge and understanding are of greater value than any material possessions we might have. They are riches that, if a person has them, makes them wealthy beyond measure.
Do you know where the treasures of all wisdom and knowledge are? Are you able to understand where they can be found?
- “. . . Christ . . . in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” (Colossians 2:2-3 – NASB)
When we receive Christ and really start to know Him and what He has said, we find in Him, “all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” We understand that these greatest of attributes are “in” Him. In Him is the truth about God, man, sin, creation, death, life, history, relationships, salvation, happiness, purpose, meaning, heaven, hell, faith and grace. Brethren, abundant living can only be experienced if one is wise regarding all these things, knowledgeable of all these things, and understands who holds the key to all these things.
Note Jesus’s calling,
- “Come to Me . . . learn from Me” (Matthew 11:28-29 -NASB)
Certainly in this context from Matthew eleven there is “rest” for the “weary” and the “heavy laden . . . rest for your soul.” But these are the fruit of “wisdom and knowledge” which we gain when we “learn from (Him) . . . in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” And when we understand this we are able to actually experience abundant living . . . there is real “rest for (the) soul,” a quality of life that surpasses anything this world can possibly offer to us.
Oh, Jesus, our Teacher! A disciple is one who puts himself under the teaching of a another. He or she is a learner. And we who are disciples of Christ are those who have placed ourselves under His teaching, under His authority, under His rule. And our benefit is that as we “learn from” Him we are able to partake of “all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge” that are “in” Him, and we understand what He means when He says,
- “I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly” (John 10:10 – NASB)
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk do so with an intent to learn from Christ, gaining wisdom and knowledge and understanding . . . living abundantly!
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas