It is important to be taking in the food of the Word, it is nourishment we greatly need to sustain us through the new day. It puts into our hearts and minds the very words of truth that we might be properly equipped for combating the world and its lies.
Consider for a moment on this new day . . .
- “For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen” (Romans 1:25 – NASB)
“They” are those who have, and continue to, “exchange the truth of God for a lie.” It is an age-old battle that will continue until He that is “the truth” (John 14:6) comes and reigns.
- TRUTH – “The truth above all other truths” . . . That God is Creator, and He deserves eternal worship and blessing by His creatures. For He “is blessed forever.”
- LIE – “The lie that is greater than all other lies” . . . That some creature, some created being or entity, is greater than its Creator, and such is to be worshiped more than God.
Note what Jesus had to say about the “they” of John, chapter 8 . . .
- “You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar, and the father of lies” (John 8:44 – NASB – Note that verses 33, 39, and 41 all reference “They” – NASB, NKJV, KJV)
“They” have as a “father the devil,” and he is “a liar, and the father of lies.” The “devil . . . does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him,” not one teeny bit of “truth in him!”
He seeks to turn men to the aforementioned “LIE,” his basic lie, noting Genesis 3:3. Humanism, all of ancient paganism, as well as its modern varieties, perpetuates this “LIE.”
Consider: Evolution serves as a modern “so-called scientific” means by which the “LIE” is carried on, an active variation of the original lie. It is a “strong delusion,” one of many, and Satan uses it to deceive people, to steer them away from the “TRUTH.” It should be so very alarming to every parent and every Christian that this “LIE” is taught in our public schools today, a “LIE” that turns the hearts of children, of young people away from “TRUTH.”
Be aware that . . .
- “and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie” (II Thessalonians 2:10-11 – NKJV; note II Thessalonians 1:3-10)
Alarming words of truth! “They” who do not “receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved” will “perish.” “They” embrace “the lie” instead of “the truth.” Take note that, “for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie” (note Romans 1:18-32 in regards to “God will send them”). Alarming indeed!
We who are in Christ, on the other hand, “love . . . the truth,” and by being in the Word of truth and of the Word of truth, know the difference between the truth and the lie. That’s why it is so important to be taking in the food of the Word.
Have a good day . . . and as you walk do so as one who is in the truth, and thus, knows the truth and embraces the truth and lives the truth (note III John 4).