From Second Corinthians we read,
- “in order that no advantage be taken of us by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his schemes.” (II Corinthians 2:11 – NASB)
“Satan,” a powerful spirit being! He is our arch enemy! He is our “adversary.” No one to fool with, that is for certain. We have no power in and of ourselves over this prince of darkness, this powerful being that seeks to deceive and destroy, this “roaring lion” that “prowls about . . . seeking someone to devour.” We call upon the Lord to deal with him, for only God can subdue Satan and thwart his evil intentions, render him ineffective. We “resist” the devil by being “of sober spirit . . . on the alert,” and when we sense his advances at us we call upon the Lord to “rebuke” him. (cf. I Peter 5:8 and Jude 9).
The apostle Paul was very aware of “Satan.” In his ministry and in that of other disciples of Christ he was desiring that “no advantage be taken of (them) by Satan.” And he then noted, “for we are not ignorant of his schemes.”
This word “schemes” in the original language speaks of the “intellect,” the “mind,” the “thought” process. So, we are not “ignorant” of Satan’s “mind” and his “thinking.” We should be able to recognize when he is attempting to take “advantage” of us. How is it that we are able to recognize his advances, know “his schemes?”
We use the,
- “. . . . the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God” (Ephesians 6:17 – NASB)
By reading, by studying, by meditating on, by knowing “the word of God” we raise up “the sword of the Spirit.” We learn from God’s Word what are the “schemes” of “Satan.” We learn from God’s Word his mindset, his adversarial thinking, his thought process, and we are equipped to recognize how he operates.
Brethren, “Satan” wants, through his “schemes,” to destroy you! He wants to “devour” you! He has ways by which he attempts to do this. If you are not in the Word you will be “ignorant” of “his schemes,” and you will fall prey to him. If you are taking up “the sword of the Spirit,” then, and only then, are you equipped to say, “I am not ignorant of his schemes.”
Have a good day . . . and as you walk, be sober, be alert, and be in the Word!
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge