The presence of the Lord . . . the psalmist writes,
- “. . . in Thy presence is fullness of joy; in Thy right hand there are pleasures forever” (Psalm 16:11 – NASB)
Oh the wonderful blessings of being saved! The wonderful blessings of knowing Christ as Lord and Savior! By this we are assured to find a “fullness of joy . . . in” our Father’s “presence.” David writes under the guidance of the Holy Spirit that at His “right hand there are pleasures forever.”
Think of it! Because of sin Adam and Eve fled from the “presence” of the Lord,
- “And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.” (Genesis 3:8 – NASB)
Think of it! Because of sin, mankind spurns the loving gospel of God’s saving grace in Christ, and thus they will be removed from His “presence,”
- “. . . when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. And these will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power.” (II Thessalonians 1:7-9 – NASB)
The “penalty of eternal destruction” is to suffer removal “from the presence of the Lord.” Those who fail to “obey” God’s call to repent and turn to His Son for salvation, they will “pay the penalty” for their sin. And that “penalty” is a steep one, for it means “eternal” existence away from the “presence of the Lord.” What a tragic end for the one who chooses to reject God’s calling.
But for those of us who believe . . . for those of us who love Christ and have received Him as our Lord and Savior . . . for us there is restoration, there is reconciliation, there is redemption, and where once we rejected Christ, now by God’s grace there is a great desire in each one of us to be in His “presence.” When Christ comes again, or when we pass out of this life and into the Kingdom, we proclaim,
- “Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.” (Jude 24-25 – NASB)
Ushered into “the presence of His glory” by the One who “is able” to do just that . . . “God our Savior,” accomplishing this great redemptive work “through Jesus Christ our Lord,”
- “. . . and thus we shall always be with the Lord” (I Thessalonians 4:17 – NASB)
We “shall always be” in “the presence” of “the Lord,” experiencing “fullness of joy . . . forever.” Most certainly, I can say a hearty “Amen” to that!
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk reflect on all that God has done for you to make it possible that one day you will be able to be in His very presence.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge