Daily Bread Devotions by Chuck Myer Daily Bread Archive | Sign up for our resources
Our text for the day comes from the Psalms,
- “The LORD (Yaweh) is near to all who call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth. (Psalm 145:18 – NKJV)
We know that there are those who think there is no God. Then there are also those who think that God is far off, far removed from His creation, from mankind. The Deist believes “in a God who created the universe and then abandoned it.” Deism believes that God “abandoned (His creation), assuming no control over life, exerting no influence on natural phenomena, and giving no supernatural revelation” (The American Heritage Dictionary Of The English Language). It is argued that many of our country’s founding fathers were deists.
These deists would be those that are in opposition to the Scriptures, opposing the “truth.” For in our text the Holy Spirit tells us that within the sphere of “truth,” God “is near.” He is “near to all who call upon Him . . . near . . . to all who call upon Him in truth.” To those of us who are in Christ, we know that Jesus is “the truth” (John 14:6), and we know that the Bible is “the truth” (John 17:17). The psalmist writes,
- “You are near, O LORD, and all Your commandments are truth.” (Psalm 119:151 – NKJV)
As we know Christ as Lord and Savior, as we embrace the Word of God and its revelation to us, we know that we have a God who “is near,” that He is close by to those who “call upon Him.”
Be encouraged brethren that we have such a God. I have a sense of sorrow for the deist, for they are of the mind that everything depends on them in this life, in this world. They believe that basically , they are on their own.
But the “truth” says of our God that He,
- “. . . is near to all who call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth”
May we who are His “call upon Him” frequently within the day that He so graciously gives us, and may we be assured by the Word of “truth” that when we “call” He “is near.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk know from God’s truth that He is near to those who call upon His name
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas