Our text for the day comes from the Psalms,
- “The LORD (Yaweh) is near to all who call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth. (Psalm 145:18 – NKJV)
We know that there are those who think there is no God. Then there are also those who think that God is far off, far removed from His creation, from mankind. The Deist believes “in a God who created the universe and then abandoned it.” Deism believes that God “abandoned (His creation), assuming no control over life, exerting no influence on natural phenomena, and giving no supernatural revelation” (The American Heritage Dictionary Of The English Language). It is argued that many of our country’s founding fathers were deists.
These deists would be those that are in opposition to the Scriptures, opposing the “truth.” For in our text the Holy Spirit tells us that within the sphere of “truth,” God “is near.” He is “near to all who call upon Him . . . near . . . to all who call upon Him in truth.” To those of us who are in Christ, we know that Jesus is “the truth” (John 14:6), and we know that the Bible is “the truth” (John 17:17). The psalmist writes,
- “You are near, O LORD, and all Your commandments are truth.” (Psalm 119:151 – NKJV)
As we know Christ as Lord and Savior, as we embrace the Word of God and its revelation to us, we know that we have a God who “is near,” that He is close by to those who “call upon Him.”
Be encouraged brethren that we have such a God. I have a sense of sorrow for the deist, for they are of the mind that everything depends on them in this life, in this world. They believe that basically , they are on their own.
But the “truth” says of our God that He,
- “. . . is near to all who call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth”
May we who are His “call upon Him” frequently within the day that He so graciously gives us, and may we be assured by the Word of “truth” that when we “call” He “is near.”
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk know from God’s truth that He is near to those who call upon His name
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR