As the old hymn so appropriately says and fits for each new day . . . “Be Thou My Vision, O Lord of my heart; Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art — Thou my best thought, by day or by night, waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.” Ah yes Lord, be our vision for surely you are my best thought, whether it be by day or by night.
The identity crisis . . . a problem with so many people in our world today. In its simplest terms this crisis is defined by three questions:
- Who am I?
- What am I doing here?
- Where am I going ?
For the unsaved person, these are difficult, difficult questions, but for we who know Christ as Lord and Savior, for we who are born again of the Spirit of God, for we who are in Christ, the identity crisis is not a problem for us.
- Who am I? – “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God” (Romans 8:14 – NKJV)
- What am I doing here? – “Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (I Corinthians 10:31 – NKJV)
- Where am I going? – “For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God . . . you also will appear with Him in glory” (Colossians 3-4 – NKJV)
Simple biblical answers to complicated questions, questions that every soul that has ever lived or ever will live has to deal with.
I think often we miss the tremendous blessings we have in Christ, the ones we have right now. We have answers! We have answers to life’s most difficult questions!
- Who am I? – I am a child of God!
- What am I doing here? – I am here to live and glorify God!
- Where am I going? – I’m going to heaven, to be with Christ!
And with such comforting responses to such complicated questions we in turn have a message to share with those who cannot so readily answer these questions. We can tell them that they too can have the answers to the identify crisis.
Have a good day . . . and as you walk think about how pertinent these questions are to everyday life, and use them to build a bridge to someone that you might share the powerful gospel of Christ.
Take a minute and ponder the words of this hymn. They are as relevant for our day as they were when first penned in the Irish language in the 6th century.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge