As the old hymn so appropriately says and fits for each new day . . . “Be Thou My Vision, O Lord of my heart; Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art — Thou my best thought, by day or by night, waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.” Ah yes Lord, be our vision for surely you are my best thought, whether it be by day or by night.
The identity crisis . . . a problem with so many people in our world today. In its simplest terms this crisis is defined by three questions:
- Who am I?
- What am I doing here?
- Where am I going ?
For the unsaved person, these are difficult, difficult questions, but for we who know Christ as Lord and Savior, for we who are born again of the Spirit of God, for we who are in Christ, the identity crisis is not a problem for us.
- Who am I? – “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God” (Romans 8:14 – NKJV)
- What am I doing here? – “Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (I Corinthians 10:31 – NKJV)
- Where am I going? – “For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God . . . you also will appear with Him in glory” (Colossians 3-4 – NKJV)
Simple biblical answers to complicated questions, questions that every soul that has ever lived or ever will live has to deal with.
I think often we miss the tremendous blessings we have in Christ, the ones we have right now. We have answers! We have answers to life’s most difficult questions!
- Who am I? – I am a child of God!
- What am I doing here? – I am here to live and glorify God!
- Where am I going? – I’m going to heaven, to be with Christ!
And with such comforting responses to such complicated questions we in turn have a message to share with those who cannot so readily answer these questions. We can tell them that they too can have the answers to the identify crisis.
Have a good day . . . and as you walk think about how pertinent these questions are to everyday life, and use them to build a bridge to someone that you might share the powerful gospel of Christ.
Take a minute and ponder the words of this hymn. They are as relevant for our day as they were when first penned in the Irish language in the 6th century.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR