As the old hymn so appropriately says and fits for each new day . . . “Be Thou My Vision, O Lord of my heart; Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art — Thou my best thought, by day or by night, waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.” Ah yes Lord, be our vision for surely you are my best thought, whether it be by day or by night.
The identity crisis . . . a problem with so many people in our world today. In its simplest terms this crisis is defined by three questions:
- Who am I?
- What am I doing here?
- Where am I going ?
For the unsaved person, these are difficult, difficult questions, but for we who know Christ as Lord and Savior, for we who are born again of the Spirit of God, for we who are in Christ, the identity crisis is not a problem for us.
- Who am I? – “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God” (Romans 8:14 – NKJV)
- What am I doing here? – “Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (I Corinthians 10:31 – NKJV)
- Where am I going? – “For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God . . . you also will appear with Him in glory” (Colossians 3-4 – NKJV)
Simple biblical answers to complicated questions, questions that every soul that has ever lived or ever will live has to deal with.
I think often we miss the tremendous blessings we have in Christ, the ones we have right now. We have answers! We have answers to life’s most difficult questions!
- Who am I? – I am a child of God!
- What am I doing here? – I am here to live and glorify God!
- Where am I going? – I’m going to heaven, to be with Christ!
And with such comforting responses to such complicated questions we in turn have a message to share with those who cannot so readily answer these questions. We can tell them that they too can have the answers to the identify crisis.
Have a good day . . . and as you walk think about how pertinent these questions are to everyday life, and use them to build a bridge to someone that you might share the powerful gospel of Christ.
Take a minute and ponder the words of this hymn. They are as relevant for our day as they were when first penned in the Irish language in the 6th century.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas