From the gospel of Luke we read,
“Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division;” (Luke 12:51 – NASB)
The gospels present to us the Person of Jesus the Christ. We gain insight into who He is and what He has done, learning of Him and His message to a lost and dying world. From what we read we come to know different things about our Lord. One thing that always seems to be frequently attached to Jesus when people talk about Him is that He is of a warm and fuzzy nature, one who unites us and makes us feel good and speaks great words of comfort to us. Why, we can just all gather together around Him and join in happy refrains of Kum-by-yah! (sp?)
How odd it is then when we hear this Jesus say that He “came” not to “grant peace on earth . . . but rather division.” In a long dissertation to His disciples (12:22), Jesus tells them many things, and one of these things is that He has come to disrupt! He has come to cause “division.” He is the Divine Divider!
This word “division” means, “disunion of opinion and conduct” (Strong). Jesus said He had come to “disjoint” things! He had come to create a chasm between people, one in which there would be a “disunion of opinion and conduct.” And is that not just the case? There is a great separation between people who are His and people who are not his, in their “opinions” and in their “conduct.” Different ideas are evident and conveyed, different behavioral patterns are practiced, all to a point that even . . .
“. . . members in one household will be divided, three against two, and two against three. They will be divided, father against son, and son against father; mother against daughter, and daughter against mother; mother-in-law against daughter-in-law, and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.” (Luke 12:52-52 – NASB)
And that names just a small portion of those who would be divided because of Him. All of mankind is disrupted and divided because of Him. Religion is divided because of Him, for religion is of man and it is constantly laboring to conform its precepts and doctrines with that which will find favor and acceptance with man and his depraved thinking. We know for a fact that nations and their governments are divided because of Him.
Men love the darkness (John 3:19)! Jesus comes as Light into that very darkness, calls out an elect from that darkness, and causes “division” between the called and those who love the darkness. He is the Divine Divider.
Mark it well brethren, “peace on earth” will only come when the Prince of Peace comes to reign. And “peace” of a soul will only come about when this Divine Divider, Jesus, is received as Lord and Savior in one’s heart.
The Divine Divider, Christ, who divides men and women. He who is the great I AM, He boldly enters into the very midst of the lie, and proclaims truth . . . and the children of the lie are angered, and they attempt to separate themselves from Him.
Jesus is the Divine Divider. He brings doctrines that divide. He is the Creator come in the flesh to reveal truth and thus create havoc amongst the created who have, in their sin, rebelled against Him. He has come to bring “division.” Dr. Henry Morris writes,
“The division is life or death, light or darkness, heaven or hell, Christ or antichrist . . . and the choice is ours!”
Have a good day brethren . . . . and as you go continue to speak the truth in love, but be aware that the truth proclaimed does not necessarily bring peace; it just may bring division.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge