Daily Bread Devotions by Chuck Myer Daily Bread Archive | Sign up for our resources
- “And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.” (John 10:28-29 – NKJV)
I know for a fact . . . in fact I can assure you with the utmost degree of confidence . . . that one day you will reach your destination; heaven! If you are “in Christ,” you will see the gates of glory!
Assurance, what a wonderful thing it is! The word means, “a positive declaration intended to give confidence.” And our text does just that. It is a most “positive declaration” by the Son of God, the God-Man, the One who created all things, that gives “confidence” that we “shall never perish.” We who have believed on Him as Lord and Savior, who have been born again of the Spirit, have assurance that no one can “snatch (us) out of (His) hand.” No person alive, no devil from the depths of hell, can ever undo what God has done. “Eternal life” is ours “in Christ.”
Dr. John Morris writes concerning this text,
- “Actually, the promise ‘they shall never perish’ is very strong in the original Greek. A repeating negative precedes the word ‘perish,’ and the specific form of the word ‘never’ literally includes ‘eternally,’ or ‘forever.’ A more complete rendering would then be, ‘they shall not, in no wise perish, no, not for eternity.'”
- “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” (John 10:27 – NKJV)
Have you heard His “voice” through the written Word of God? Have you responded to His call to “repent” and “believe” on Him? If you have, then you have “eternal life,” and “(you) shall never perish,” and no one, not even Satan himself, can “snatch (you) out of (His) hand!
And for a moment brethren, consider that “hand.” It is a mighty “hand!” It is the “hand” of the omnipotent (“all-powerful”) God! Can you even imagine “anyone” or anything that would be able to pry from God’s “hand” that which is His?
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk just think about the assurance you have for all of eternity and let the confidence that Christ’s words give cause your heart to rejoice!
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas