- “And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.” (John 10:28-29 – NKJV)
I know for a fact . . . in fact I can assure you with the utmost degree of confidence . . . that one day you will reach your destination; heaven! If you are “in Christ,” you will see the gates of glory!
Assurance, what a wonderful thing it is! The word means, “a positive declaration intended to give confidence.” And our text does just that. It is a most “positive declaration” by the Son of God, the God-Man, the One who created all things, that gives “confidence” that we “shall never perish.” We who have believed on Him as Lord and Savior, who have been born again of the Spirit, have assurance that no one can “snatch (us) out of (His) hand.” No person alive, no devil from the depths of hell, can ever undo what God has done. “Eternal life” is ours “in Christ.”
Dr. John Morris writes concerning this text,
- “Actually, the promise ‘they shall never perish’ is very strong in the original Greek. A repeating negative precedes the word ‘perish,’ and the specific form of the word ‘never’ literally includes ‘eternally,’ or ‘forever.’ A more complete rendering would then be, ‘they shall not, in no wise perish, no, not for eternity.'”
- “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” (John 10:27 – NKJV)
Have you heard His “voice” through the written Word of God? Have you responded to His call to “repent” and “believe” on Him? If you have, then you have “eternal life,” and “(you) shall never perish,” and no one, not even Satan himself, can “snatch (you) out of (His) hand!
And for a moment brethren, consider that “hand.” It is a mighty “hand!” It is the “hand” of the omnipotent (“all-powerful”) God! Can you even imagine “anyone” or anything that would be able to pry from God’s “hand” that which is His?
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk just think about the assurance you have for all of eternity and let the confidence that Christ’s words give cause your heart to rejoice!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR