From the gospel of John we read a most familiar text,
- “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16 – KJV)
What a wonderful verse to read and put to memory and meditate upon, to dissect in our minds. It is one of the most quoted Bible verses that there is. It speaks of God’s wonderful love and giving heart, His great concern toward a fallen creation, a creation that is lost in its trespasses and sins. We know that in the gospel of John there are many promises to the believer, the “shall have’s” so to say, but in our text note the words, “should not.” How about a brief look at the “shall not’s” of John’s gospel.
Oh boy, you say! Here we go with the, “don’t do this, and don’t do that stuff.” But that is not the case in what I share with you this early morn. The “shall not’s” that I’m about to highlight deal only with great and wonderful promises from Christ our Lord.
- John 4:14 – Jesus says to those who believe on Him unto eternal life that they “shall never thirst,” speaking of the indwelling Holy Spirit that He shall give to every true believer.
- John 6:35 – Jesus says to all those that come to Him that they “shall never hunger.”
- John 8:12 – Jesus says that those who walk in Him “shall not walk in darkness.”
- John 5:24 & 10:28 – Jesus says to them that believe upon His name, who repent of their sins and turn to Him as Lord and Savior, that they “shall not come into condemnation,” that they “shall never perish.”
- John 11:25-26 – Yes, Jesus says to every believer, you “shall never die.”
Ahhhhhh . . . the “shall not’s” are tremendously positive, are they not? Wonderful positive promises that are firmly grounded in the words of holy Scripture, straight from the mouth of Christ as written by the apostle John. May such “shall not’s” cause us to rejoice this very day! May we embrace them brethren and know them and think upon them and be in awe of them.
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk be ready to respond to those who would ridicule God’s Word and speak of all its shall not’s . . . . be ready to tell them of the positive shall not’s for whosoever believes in Christ.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas