From the gospel of John we read a most familiar text,
- “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16 – KJV)
What a wonderful verse to read and put to memory and meditate upon, to dissect in our minds. It is one of the most quoted Bible verses that there is. It speaks of God’s wonderful love and giving heart, His great concern toward a fallen creation, a creation that is lost in its trespasses and sins. We know that in the gospel of John there are many promises to the believer, the “shall have’s” so to say, but in our text note the words, “should not.” How about a brief look at the “shall not’s” of John’s gospel.
Oh boy, you say! Here we go with the, “don’t do this, and don’t do that stuff.” But that is not the case in what I share with you this early morn. The “shall not’s” that I’m about to highlight deal only with great and wonderful promises from Christ our Lord.
- John 4:14 – Jesus says to those who believe on Him unto eternal life that they “shall never thirst,” speaking of the indwelling Holy Spirit that He shall give to every true believer.
- John 6:35 – Jesus says to all those that come to Him that they “shall never hunger.”
- John 8:12 – Jesus says that those who walk in Him “shall not walk in darkness.”
- John 5:24 & 10:28 – Jesus says to them that believe upon His name, who repent of their sins and turn to Him as Lord and Savior, that they “shall not come into condemnation,” that they “shall never perish.”
- John 11:25-26 – Yes, Jesus says to every believer, you “shall never die.”
Ahhhhhh . . . the “shall not’s” are tremendously positive, are they not? Wonderful positive promises that are firmly grounded in the words of holy Scripture, straight from the mouth of Christ as written by the apostle John. May such “shall not’s” cause us to rejoice this very day! May we embrace them brethren and know them and think upon them and be in awe of them.
Have a good day brethren . . . and as you walk be ready to respond to those who would ridicule God’s Word and speak of all its shall not’s . . . . be ready to tell them of the positive shall not’s for whosoever believes in Christ.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR